Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Still Doodling

I decided that a full page doodle was way too much pressure for me to endure.  So I divided the page into smaller 1 by 2 inch spaces.  Sometimes I do one and sometimes I do more.  I added color to the first but haven't been tempted to do that in the others.

I was up earlier than usual this morning. Shower and then dressed and trotted out to the car to make a quick trip to the grocery and return books to the library.  I had only a full, unopened quart of Eggbeaters and didn't want to open it for just one final breakfast.  It would have spoilt by the time I got back home.  Now I have plants to water and tend to, my summer clothes to try on and pack in my little carryon.  I also have to pack for the dog.  That trip into Town was easier once I slid down my driveway (one long sheet of ice). It rained last night just before the sun set and the temps dropped.  Perfect.

I have spoken to the dog and told him of the wonderfulness of his coming "vacation" but he is not having any of it.  I can see the unease in his eyes.  Perhaps, mirroring the unease in mine.  I'd rather be staying at home as well. I am comforting myself with chocolate mousse made from heavy cream, Splenda and chocolate.  A bit loose.  I actually got out the mixer and tried to get the stuff to stiffen up--no takers.

I have house checkers (multiples) standing by.  I have someone picking up mail and newspapers. Now I must bid you adieu and get my checklist ticked off.  I finished my book this morning after breakfast.  Shardlake escaped death by drowning yet again.  And Henry VIII only had another 6 months to live.  Could this be the end of the series?

I'll be back before you know it.  G is setting in motion all that I will need to post on the road if I want.  We'll see.

2 comments:

Diane N said...

Have a wonderful trip.

MariMo said...

Enjoy your time together on this great trip.