Sunday, January 01, 2012

Reflections In A Frozen Pool Of Water

It has the look of an outer space view of Earth doesn't it?  One thing down, on my list of things to do.  I managed to download directly from the camera with a cable.  I had been using the recharger cradle for 6 or 7 years.  This is new.  This means new pictures for all 2012 posts.  Hip Hip Hoorah!

Today was sunshine and 42 degrees.  Yesterday was freezing cold.  The weather pattern so far: one day warmish and next day or two very cold.  Then two or three warm days and one very cold day.  The ground is frozen so any rain that falls makes puddles.  Then, overnight, the puddles freeze.  I have no complaints. The sun is shining, there is no snow and very little ice on the streets.  It's all good.  And we are saving $$$'s on heating costs.

Up late this morning.  Breakfast was the third grapefruit, eggs and sausage with a tomato, coffee.  I did a few Suduko puzzles and had a second cup of coffee.  Then a shower.  Folded laundry.  Went on the woods dog walk with G and Riley.  Took my picture.  Then G wanted me to drive to Toyota with him to drop off the truck for tomorrow's repairs of the brakes and struts.  It's always something with that truck. We had a late (4 pm) lunch at Sea Dog.  G had a Vietnamese Banh something sandwich and I had my favorite chicken with ham and cheese.  The Patriots won their football game.

Now we are at home.  Settling in to read books.  Spend a bit of time with Riley on the dog bed (that's G, not me).  I said I would stitch a circle onto a square each day--so that is where I am going after I hit "publish".   I spent New Year's Eve watching the Fabulous Baker Boys (delightful) and then two repeat episodes of Prime Suspect.  Any news on whether it has been cancelled?  I made myself a chocolate MIM with whipped cream for supper.  It was terrible, as usual.  I have got to find something delicious and chocolate to treat myself with.  It WAS filling.  So I wasn't hungry after eating it.  Riley and I ended the year by going to bed early.  Not very exciting.  Which is okay with me.

2 comments:

Diane N said...

"Prime Suspect" shut down production back in November and they didn't list it on their schedule. I don't know if it's officially canceled but I'd say it was a pretty good bet that it's gone.

Love the photo on today's blog entry. Very cool.

dee said...

I was reading both posts and left my comment in the last one...duh

I love Bahn mi. I've seen it written as Bahn min as well. Whichever it is, it's delicious but not available around here-only nearer to Manhattan. There's a Vietnamese soup called Pho that is delicious as well. It would be great for you. Veg and thinly sliced meat in broth. Very tasty.
Haven't seen the newer Prime Suspect but I'm a big fan of the British one.