Saturday, January 28, 2012

I'm Back

A wonderful visit.  So happy I went.  A suntan plus some sun poisoning but no (or not much) sunburn.  Both of us have terrible headaches and I am having some residual "wave" from the boat trip.  I feel like I'm still at sea.  Must be an inner ear thing.

We have no food in the house.  The dog came home just now and wanted a WALK pronto pronto so G has taken him away.  His dog bed is wet so the parts I can wash and dry are in the washer.  My plants have done well in my absence and just needed watering.  I'm hungry.  Must eat something.

I followed my diet as best I could (meat, eggs, cheese, almonds) but there were cocktails served every evening at 5 and lots and lots of very good "table" wine as the Miami wine snob described the bottles. My clothing fits but I fear the scale will report an increase when we replace the battery.  The airplane seat seemed narrower on the return flights.

We went out to eat most days and had some incredibly wonderful food.  I purposely did not take my camera, otherwise there would be boat pictures, food pictures and water view pictures.

The house was magnificent and made the re-entry to my little house here very depressing.  I miss the marble floors, the stairway (marble) to the second floor with balconies, the elevator, the pool and the Italian coffee maker (oh, that was pretty wonderful all on it's own).  I also miss the walk in showers, gorgeous towels and Koehler fixtures.  The kitchen with the huge Wolf restaurant range complete with red knobs.  The freezer drawers and the built in steamer.  Perfectly steamed vegetables.

2 comments:

Diane N said...

Welcome home! I have missed you!

dee said...

Me too. Glad you're back.