Friday, January 06, 2012

It's Snowing

And I have had a sinus headache since last night.  I think I get them when the barometric pressure is, well, where ever it is right now.  When it snows, I guess.  The skylights are covered in snow which means the interior of this room, where I spend my days, is dark.  And I am constipated.  It really sucks to be me today. Riley has gone outside to sniff the snow.  The plows have been by.  I think there may be 1 or 1.5 inches on the ground.  Nothing really.  We'll still go out and walk.  Later. After the sinus medication kicks in.  My eyes hurt.

I am steaming the head of cabbage I purchased yesterday afternoon.  Making stuffed cabbage rolls for dinner tonight.  We had roast turkey breast (from the grocery) with steamed broccoli yesterday.  I had gravy and stuffing for those (G) that can eat such things.  I bought the "nature's place" ground beef to see if it tastes better than the regular stuff (which hasn't tasted all that great lately). I don't think our grocery has the sharpest butcher in charge. I dug around in the pantry closet and found my jar of Minute Rice.  And an expired can of tomato soup (Campbells).  Living on the edge.

I managed to stitch four circles on squares last night.  I had all the blank squares laid out by type so I could chose some of them to make into circles.  I'm running out of circles. But then I wanted to watch television so I had to stack them all back up. I don't have anymore of some of the fabrics I have used.  I may have to lay out all the finished pieces and see what size top I can make.  I think it will be smaller than I had wanted.  I really, really do not want to go fabric shopping. Really.

Our daughter came over yesterday.  There are sad things happening in her life right now.  So G cheered her up by teaching her to play Angry Birds on his new iPad.  She really got into it.  Then I opined that I wished Angry Birds could be on the iMac and G promptly set it up.  Then S took the address down and practically raced home to get the birds flying on her iMac at home.  G and I were assured that she would be too occupied to be really sad.  At least until she stopped playing.  Kids are never too grown up (to need their parents) are they?

Riley is all set up to go to a very nice kennel when we are on vacation.  Yes, Sondra, It's the one Mac and Carol use.  They have free play with any other dogs that are there and Riley can bring his own bed.  I think he may just want to stay there forever.

No comments: