Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Favorite Christmas Gift

This small, about 6 or 7 inches wide, purse is too, too cute.  The puffy bow is adorable.  The purse has a wrist strap so it will be easy to carry to the grocery store or I can take it on vacation with sewing supplies inside.  I would hate to get Kitty's face all dirty.

I have changed the bedsheets, done a load of dark wash, vacuumed the floors (mostly), washed a few windows, washed off the front of the dishwasher and fridge and taken the decorations off the tree.  Not the lights.  I think I will keep the tree, with only lights for a few more days.  To brighten the evenings.  I need to finish the vacuuming and mop the kitchen floor.

I thought yesterday was Wednesday, all day long.  So, today is like Groundhog Day (the movie) and I am having Wednesday all over again.  I managed, somehow, yesterday, to find the vest G has been searching for for weeks, diagnose a French Fry vat fan belt problem (and not even leave the house) and repair the wireless on the computer (this morning).  I'm just a wiz right now.  G smelled strongly of French Fry grease when he came home on Monday.  I mentioned it.  He went on the roof of the restaurant on Tuesday morning and found a broken fan belt which he replaced.  He was odor free Tuesday evening.

To all who recommended Stevia.  It has a bitter aftertaste (which not everyone tastes) and it tastes like licorice to me.  Not sugar.  And it's the black licorice it tastes like, to me, not the red Twizzler kind.  Agave reacts in the body just as sugar does.  Spiking the glucose.  Honey, agave, maple syrup and sugar are identical in how the body processes them.  Yes, they are "natural" but still sugars.

Splenda, so far, has no strange aftertaste (to me) and I do know it was discovered while scientists were developing an insecticide.  If and when the public can buy the liquid form of Splenda, which has no carbs at all, I will use the little yellow packets (which have one carb each) and continue to look for and purchase the commercial products that use Splenda.  I'm having Splenda chocolate mousse mix, mixed with Cool Whip right now.  Yummy.  My cup of tea last night was good with xylitol and Splenda.  I have read that combining two different sweeteners boosts the sweetness and you can use less in total.  Sounds like chemistry to me.

I have things to do, so I will sign off for now.  I wrote more but my computer failed to save it.

3 comments:

Terry Grant said...

I think Stevia tastes vile. So many people tell me it tastes "just like sugar". I wonder if there is something in it only certain people can taste. I've tried different brands, so I'm pretty sure it is Stevia itself. I didn't know about the insecticide connection, but now I'm not surprised!

Terry Grant said...

Oops, I see it is Splenda with the insecticide connection. So much for that having anything to do with the taste. I like Splenda.

Diane N said...

I have never used the processed Stevia. I grew the plants in my garden last summer and found the leaves worked well for me. I don't know if anyone would like it but thought I would mention it.