Sunday, July 31, 2011

Trolling Blogs

 First, I found this image of a chalkboard wall in a kitchen.  Too much black for my taste but I do love the look and being able to scribble and draw on the wall.  I had been thinking about a half wall in the dining room side of the great room.  And I like the shelving to the left where I could have all my jars of cereal, sugar, sugar subs, flour and oatmeal.
 The perfect bedroom for G as he wants only YELLOW everything.  I can see a nice (of my own design) artwork somewhere in the bedroom.  That does look like an appliquéd quilt, doesn't it?
And last but never least, a lovely table and chairs.  I am liking the paneled wall, the window trim, the funny lights above the chair rail.  Though I would paint the wall space with chalkboard paint and not that gold-ish yellow. The artwork could also be made of fiber. It looks like a cozy spot to read the newspaper and have a relaxed bowl of oatmeal and a few cups of coffee on mornings when I don't work.   Oatmeal mentioned in two separate sentences.  I must be ready to try and add that to my diet, huh?

The day is warming up.  Nearly August.  I have done the white wash, ironed and starched the white shirts, folded everything else.  Fed G reheated meatballs and pasta.  I even spread a blanket and pillows on the back lawn and he slept there for 90 minutes after he and Riley had a short walk in the woods. EOM tonight so G will be getting ready for work soon.  I had intended to go into the garden but it seems too hot.  I may go after the wind changes (if it does).  There could be squash and cucumbers ready to be picked.

I had sautéed zucchini and the few tiny tomatoes from my garden with.eggs this morning.  Now, I'm hungry again but it does seem to be way past lunchtime, so I should be hungry. I am reading book 4 of the Cadfael mysteries.  St Peter's Fair which takes place, I kid you not, beginning on July 30 (when I started the book).  The part I just finished reading this afternoon all took place on July 31st.  After my very late lunch, I will continue reading about what will happen on August 1st.  Or I can wait till tomorrow.

I still have need of my protractor and wonder how much time I should spend in looking for it (again) today. I can't seem to remember when I would have used it last but perhaps to make circles for the very quilt blocks I now want to embellish with oval, leaf shapes.  I could draw them, but would prefer a crisp line. If Terry were here she could make those points and draw the curves etc.  Maybe I have a jar lid that I could trace a part of to make the shape I desire?  We'll see.

1 comment:

mathea said...

Did you know that you can make your own blackboard paint in the colour of your choice? Martha knows, of course: http://www.marthastewart.com/271574/custom-color-chalkboard-paint
I like the calendar idea on her site, or I might try just one cupboard door. Or not. ;-)