Saturday, July 09, 2011

New Developments

This is the third visit to the Deli (where I buy my thin sliced ham and cheese for my Roll Ups) and the third time I have noticed this product.  A large wrap.  A serving is half of one wrap.  6 inches by 9 inches.  And it's really "breadlike", contains Flax, wheat gluten, soy protein etc and has 4 net carbs.   Even a quarter at 3 inches by 9 would be delightful for only 2 net carbs.   There is some Dextrose in the ingredients list but way down near the bottom with the yeast.  Yeast needs some sugar in order to activate.  And according to the Atkins Forums, the yeast digests the sugar so it's a wash.  Much better with a burger than those eggy Oopsie Rolls.

I had a delightful lunch with Deborah yesterday.  We had a lovely table out on the Sea Dog deck with a view of the bridge and the river.  We looked at each other's 12 by 12's and seeing them in person is so much better than a digital image on the computer screen.  I am trying to find some time today between exercise, Riley's walk, and garden chores to get into the workroom to try a freezer paper stencil and the tulle flowers (Deborah gave me directions).   I think I have tracing paper somewhere.  There were so many little details in her work that have me itching to "make" something today.  To be creative.

I also have my Indigo Dye Kit.  All I need is a clean 5 gallon bucket and time to stitch and rubber band tee shirts and work shirts before I can dunk them in the bucket and then watch the green turn to blue in the sunlight.  I have to research Shibori methods.

G and I also went out to dinner last night.  He had had another very busy, stressful day at Micky D's.  It's summer and everyone wants to eat out at lunchtime.  The Clam Festival is next weekend and that will be extremely busy.  So, I called a local spot to see if they could fit us in at 6 pm on a summer Friday.  They could.  $110 later we drove home very full and happy.  G had lovely Porterhouse Lamb Chops in a Port wine reduction.  I had steak in a Shitake Cognac cream sauce (must learn to make that sauce).  We started with local mussels prepared the classic French way.  G finished with Creme Brulee.  We both had coffee.

Add that larger than normal dinner to the larger than normal lunch (all still Adkins Acceptable-- no bread, grains, potatoes or starchy veg and no wine, beer or mixed drink for me) and I had another one pound loss on the scale this morning.  I have been doing my Pilates and walking the dog for 30 minutes the past two days.  I think that has something to do with the numbers on the scale.  The morning cereal has made me "regular" so I am feeling much more positive.  For those Readers on the Atkins Journey with me --- eat more!

My Spider Bite has diminished.  The swelling and redness has gone down.  Still itchy.  And sore.  The weather outside looks to be perfect for Mosquito Bites, though.  I am finishing my coffee and need to decide on breakfast.  Then get going on my day.

No comments: