Thursday, July 14, 2011

Slightly Out Of Focus

My table and my day.  Today was cooler, breezy and full of sunshine.  A perfect summer day in Maine.  I started the day feeling less than 100% so I didn't go to work.  I lost my eyeglasses for awhile during the morning--only to find them --on my face. Really. I even went in to the house to "look" for them.  I didn't think I had them on.

I weeded the perennial bed that is right next to the south facing side of the house, I took about 10 breaks. I went to sit in the shade with Riley. (we need chairs at work so I can sit and rest). I managed to dig up and then relocate a few of the perennials along with about 8 large buckets of weeds and clover. I ended up with a container of daffodil bulbs that need relocating.  Collateral damage.

Then I picked peas.  Picked radishes.  Tied up my cucumbers.  Planted beans.  Picked and ate the last of the strawberries.  G weeded the south west corner of the pathway in the garden.

G and I went out for lunch/dinner after we both took showers (dirty!!!) and G also needed a Blizzard from DQ.  Then we went to Staples to buy a printer for G's McD.  The old printer decided to commit suicide today in solidarity with the cash registers and computer.  It all seems very strange. Bewildering.

Almost as bewildering as the selection of cheap, crappy merchandise at TJMaxx.  While G was purchasing the printer I went over to TJ to have a look see.  Are they making tee shirts out of used kleenex?

I poured heavy cream in a lidded container  a few minutes ago and shook it till it stopped making any noise (this is something you can do to heavy cream but not to babies).  Now I am going to eat the cream with the remainder of my rhubarb sauce. Dessert.   I need a nap.

1 comment:

Carolyn aka Silkquilter said...

I got so that I liked my heavy cream "whipped" with a little sauce also. I really like your new profile picture. Very attractive. Hope the computers at DH's work feel better soon.