Monday, July 25, 2011

Blue Crocs Are Back In Maine

My blue crocs have been sitting in K's guest closet in Georgia for a few years (it seems). I thought I would leave a pair of my favorite shoe wear in Georgia instead of carrying them back and forth in my small carry on.  And then, I stopped going to visit K.  And then we stopped being friends after nearly 40 years.  And now my shoes have been returned to me.  Old, worn and faded.  Just like me.  I was happy to see them.  I like the Crocs with the closed toe cap.  Keeps the gravel out of my shoes.

The weather is cooler today.  Still hot and sunny but with a breeze or two and it was lovely sleeping last night.  I needed a blanket.   I am reading an Ellis Peters medieval crime mystery. The Sanctuary Sparrow. I somehow picked out numbers 3 and 7 on my visit to the library stacks.  Why.  Now I have to ferret out 1 and 2 and begin properly.  I also have to make a copy of the town map so I know where we are going in these stories, even though we never go far.

I never got around to ironing the shirts.  I have no idea what to make for G's dinner today.

Now that I don't actually eat a "real" meal, I have stopped cooking for G also (it seems).  I know I should still be eating a "dinner" of a protein and or salad and vegetable.  I do.  But it is usually tuna mixed with mayo and a salad.  Or chicken mixed with mayo and a salad.  Or Induction Chili with a salad.  The actual proportion is supposed to be more fat than protein.   I stopped eating the MIMS.  And eggs are actually starting to make me sick to my stomach.  But that doesn't matter much as I really have no appetite for food anyway.  In the 7 weeks I've been on Atkins, I have lost my interest in food.  I eat when I am hungry.  Which isn't all that often.  I do actually want to eat well done beef patties.

I just wish I could get past this weight plateau.  I have been the same weight for most of the past 7 weeks.  I am wearing smaller sized clothing and feeling much "smaller" but the scale reports that I weigh exactly the same thing, every morning.  It is seriously depressing.  Seriously.  Depressing.  Even the "test pants" fit well enough to be worn out in public.

I still have issues with the weight around my waist.  It's that stubborn Buddha Belly I have had since I turned TEN.  This flappy belly "thing" that I can hold in my hands, which contains no muscle, just fat cells.  And I wish some doctor could just REMOVE.  Even when I was at my lowest weight, the Buddha Belly still existed.  It never goes away. I can FEEL the AB muscles I am creating with Pilates, just UNDER that flappy, fat filled area.  This is also so very discouraging.  All my exercising; all my dieting; will NEVER have any effect on the Buddha Belly.  Only surgery will remove it.

Or one bottle of those "Fat Blocker" pills they sell on late night television.

4 comments:

gema said...

Don't miss this opportunity to reconcile with your friend K. She is probably missing you too!

I jumped on my machine and burned off 400 cals then showered and went to the eye doc. Later tonight I'll burn off the other 400. I am 3kg behind on my goal and starting to feel like a failure.

Went to IKEA after the eye doc...needed one of those transparent plastic mats to place under my swivel chair. Took the opportunity to eat an IKEA salad with schrimps and smoked salmon slices. Didn't feel guilty at all. DH ate a salad with a piece of roasted chicken breast...or so it seemed. Came home to coffee and apple pie....lol....it doesn't matter, i'll pump it off...lol

Annie said...

Joanne, I believe the only way to get rid of the tummy problem is through liposuction. If you've had it most of your life you can't diet it away.

I like the new look on your blog.

gema said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
gema said...

Another attempt!

Joanne, just learn to live with the flab, I have a mighty one too! You don't want to do Lipo and have fat cells wandering off to other unwanted places!!!

In anycase what I really wanted to tell you is to stop weighing and depressing yourself and get a measuring tape. Measure your bust/waist/hip/thighs if you will and 'clock' your progress that way. I think it is more reliable than weighing too.

I have lost 2" off my rear/hip and only 1" off my gut/stomach. This stomach just stands here puffy and stiff!
And remember that I lost 6.5kgs! Must be only water-loss!