Wednesday, July 13, 2011

For Deborah

I reworked the stitches (after searching for the bag of threads) at the bottom and it still looked lopsided.  So I looked for something purple on my work table.  There always seems to be the perfect solution in the table mess.  I love what the polka dots do here ( always add dots!).  I added more yellow but lined it up with the new polka dot square.  The new right side yellow makes sense of the extra flower stem which was just hanging out there for no artistic reason.  I am going to call this one finished and forgettable.

The weather seems to be thinking of changing.  Some clouds.  A light breeze.  Still hot.  Riley is outside and under the forsythia hedge.

G is having a NIGHTMARE at work.  A nearby McD had a power  surge and lost all five of it's cash registers on Monday at 2 am.  Fried.  So, the other nearby McD's (owned by the same owner) all had one or two cash registers unplugged and moved to that location.  G lost his main register to the relocation.  And now he has lost his computer which runs the registers.  It died under the stress of losing it's main register terminal so abruptly.  This weekend is HUGE in Yarmouth.  The Clam Festival.  Today is Rides Day.  One ticket and you can ride all day.  And then eat at Mickey D's.  Last night, after G worked 12 hours, (cashing customers out with paper and a pencil) a vehicle was sent to New Hampshire to pick up more registers.  I think they arrived in the middle of the night because that is when the phone rang and G was giving out the access codes.  At 4:30 am the phone rang again and while looking for G, I realized he was gone.  He must have gone to work very early to reprogram the "new" cash registers.

I had my normal bacon and eggs breakfast and feel nauseous.  I don't want to eat anymore eggs. EVER.  I am making a cup of sweet, hot tea to drink to settle my stomach.  The three pounds I regained on Sunday is gone again.  It's just water.  My ring is looser so I know it's only water retention.  I feel crappy.  Dreamed of baking a cheesecake with a walnut crust.  I could actually eat some of that.  Too bad it's so hot.

If I ever feel better, I am going to the library to return books.  The water is on in the vegetable garden. The nearly dead Meyer Lemon is sprouting green leaf shoots off the big thick main stem.  I think everything else is dead.  Which proves the old saying "never give up".  I may go back to the sewing machine and top stitch another "wabi sabi" placemat.  That's a calming procedure and I always like to see these little art works under my dinner plate.   Stay Cool!

1 comment:

kathy said...

Hope you feel better. Heard you had a great lunch with Deborah and she was able to see all of your 12x12's.let me know if you set up an exhibit of them somewhere...and congrats on selling your 'gray chair'! Nice.