Monday, July 18, 2011

My Breakfast. On Atkins.

Now that I see it on the screen, not that appetizing to look at, is it?   Scrambled egg beaters, cold  leftover zucchini, red peppers and slivers of ham mixed in. Eaten cold (room temp) with my fingers. The "bread" is a new flax recipe I tried this morning (4 T flax meal, quarter cup water, one splenda packet, one egg - mix and let sit 10 minutes and then micro for 2 minutes. I had to micro for an additional 3o seconds. the recipe mentions tucking the cream cheese into the uncooked batter before microwaving.).  Stuffed with cream cheese after cooking it.  I am trying to include more "fat" into my diet.  And I have discovered that eating only two meals a day works better for me.  In the summer.  Always has.

My coffee tasted strange the past two mornings.  I thought it was the Splenda.  But then I smelled the cream in the container.  Eew!  I need to go get a fresh carton. Until then, coffee with powdered creamer. As a precaution, I will buy smaller cartons of creamer from now on, as I need to use it all in 7 days, once opened, no matter what date is stamped on the box.

I made sugar free strawberry jello yesterday.  Each cup has 20 calories which have to come from somewhere.  On the side of the box everything is "zero" because they can say that if the "real" number is less than 1.  Like .99 is less than 1.  So, 20 calories.  Which is 5 nc.  I can eat Eddy's Slow Churned Ice Cream if I wanted to use up 5 nc on a dessert.  Jackasses.  Five nc is alot when you can only have a total of 20 per day.

I know I get tiresome with all this rattling on about my net carbs, the fat, the lack of weight loss etc etc.  Usually, it doesn't even scan on my mental radar (which has been quite dysfunctional lately).  Except when I sit quietly and think.  And, sorry to say, that's what I do just before I start posting on this blog.  Sit quietly and think. Which is what I also do if I want to poop.

Hard to believe that I am actually having coherent thoughts!!!!  Just last night I dreamt I was having dinner at a strange restaurant and at the very next table was Bob Barker from the Price Is Right.  He was doing some table side grilling of meats and asked about my Dad.  Who just happened to be sitting next to me. Bob was wearing a lovely powder blue suit and his teeth were very white and perfect.  He smiled at me while he grilled and ate what looked like about 10 pounds of beef.  We never saw a waiter or waitress at our table and I think we were going to leave without eating.  But we didn't want to be rude to Bob Barker while he was talking to us.  My Dad and I are like that.

It's a bit overcast with clouds this morning.  Riley has gone "hunting" in the woods to find small trees (two) which he has dragged out onto the freshly cut lawn.  He will chew off any side branches and then chew the main branch into chips. This is his "work" for the day.  When he isn't working on the trees, he will rest under the shrubs.  In the shade.

I have G's work shirts to starch and iron.  The garden to check for ripening peas, radishes, zucchini and cucumbers.  I also need to clip more Calendula blossoms for the Calendula Salve I intend to make (as soon as I have enough dry petals).  I have everything I need to make a quart jar of Spoon Oil.  Beeswax and Mineral Oil.  I'm going all Little House On The Prairie this week.  I'm even tempted to make Tangerine Soap.  Martha Stewart had some on her website.  I love the smell of Tangerines.  I would love to smell like Tangerines after my showers. I bought some marked down Lemon Basil hand soap at work.  A pump bottle.  For the kitchen.  Smells good.  

In "other news", the dead looking Meyer Lemon Tree is sending up little leaf shoots off the main old stem.  G and I think everything else is dead.  I had asked the Universe to send me a Lemon Tree.  None are being shipped into Maine right now, so it didn't seem possible.  Yet, a coworker happened to have this dead tree she wanted to get rid of and there you go.  I had to repot it, fertilize and water and just "hope" it would still have enough gumption to throw out a leaf or two.  Never Give Up.  the Universe sent me the Lemon and a message.  Don't give up.  And then there's Bob Barker.  All kinds of good things streaming out of the Universe in July of 2011. I hope President Obama is asking for the "big package" when he speaks to the Universe.  I know I am.

No comments: