Saturday, October 16, 2010

Perks Of The Job- Flowers & Lucy

Flowers.  A broken Market Bouquet.  The Floral person had to break a bouquet open to remove lilies for a funeral basket and we can't sell the remainder.  I was the lucky employee who got to take the rest home.  The light here isn't so good and the colors are sweeter in person.  I like it.

Today's Birds In The Backyard class went very well.  The class had a good time, took notes and asked productive questions.  I enjoy teaching with N.  We compliment each other.  My Top 10 list had only 8 items.  Duh!  They liked the little pine cone gift and bought large amounts of product. N says bird supplies are one of the biggest markets.

Later in the afternoon, D brought her new puppy, 10 week old Lucy, to see us.  G & I sold D Riley's old kennel and his baby gate for D to use with Lucy.  And Lucy has Riley's little Kong chew toys.  Lucy is so sweet.  And she fell asleep on the Christmas work table while we were talking.  And Riley smelled all my clothes because Lucy's scent is all over me.  I know how to play with a puppy now.  Sad to say, but I didn't know when Riley and Reny were puppies.  I missed out on a whole lot of fun.  Lucy is a yellow Lab.

We had hardly any customers all afternoon and N and I sorted Christmas ornaments and chatted.  So it was a good day at work.  And I got paid yesterday.  And there was snack cake to eat today after class.  And now G has gone to get Chinese take out and I am going to take a shower.  And I think I will probably fall asleep in front of the television pretty early.

1 comment:

Diane N said...

Beautiful flowers, playful puppies, and happy students. Sounds like a pretty good day all around to me.

I tried to get my husband to go to a local shelter's "adoption day" today but he wouldn't go for it. I have had puppies on the brain so it was nice to read about Lucy!