Thursday, October 21, 2010

Everything French

The soup.  Four pounds of thinly sliced onions makes four nice crocks of delicious soup.  I thought that I had never attempted French Onion Soup before, but as I ladled the first spoon into the little crock, I remembered that I HAD made it once before.  Not as wonderful as it was yesterday.  Yesterday, it was incredible and G suggested I make it again today.

Today I worked instead.  And was cashier all day (after watering one half of the greenhouse). I managed pretty well at a job I do very infrequently.  I got into and out of trouble 75% of the time.  Better than usual odds. BUT, I packed too small a lunch and my tummy was rumbling by 11:30 and I knew my tiny lunch wasn't going to do the job. Sigh.  I stopped at the grocery after work for three apples and a bag of tiny Clementines.  Good snack food for tomorrow and Sunday.  The Clementines are so pretty.

The shower is calling my name.  And the couch.

1 comment:

Diane N said...

I first read this yesterday and have had your French onion soup on my mind since last night. Guess what we're having for supper tonight!
Now that the weather is cooling, my copy of "Love Soup" is back in use. So glad you mentioned that book in your blog a while ago. What a great book!