Monday, October 25, 2010

Looks Like A November Colorplay

My birdbath. Filled with pine needles.  I was out walking the yard, while Riley chewed on things, looking for something interesting to take a picture of for the post.  And it was nearly 4 pm.  The light was not the best.  This may give someone an idea for their 12 by 12.

Yesterday's post has been deleted.  My friend and I have explained ourselves to each other and all is well. Timing is everything.  Say "something" at the right moment and it's good. At the wrong moment, not good. Same "something".  Life.  And no one ever said friendship (worth having) was easy.

I have finally turned the furnace on.  It may be my age or something, but I am COLD.  Yesterday my shoes (not CROCS) kept my socks from drying at work.  So, I had wet feet all day.  Cold, wet feet from watering the greenhouse and cold hands from cutting back all the perennials in the yard at work.  I surrender to the need to be warm.  After I get warm, I turn the furnace off.  I've already had my shower (5 pm) and have my pajamas on.  Sixty four.  Who knew what a difference a year would make?

I had almost nothing to do today and tried to go to lunch at 11.  Then at 11:30. And finally at 12.  I was starving.  Or so I thought.  It was like kids on a field trip, wanting to eat their packed lunches as soon as the bus gets to wherever we were going.  I got tired of saying "no, it's not lunch time yet" and just let them eat their lunches at 10:30.  Everyone was happier that way.  They were 8 or 9 at the time. All boys and "gifted" which usually also means "strange".  I was the only mom willing to supervise them, my own son included in the group.  Well, they did annoy the gorilla  at the Chicago Zoo. Gifted and creative.

Riley has eaten and I am about to embark on making some cherry tomato spaghetti for supper.  We had Panini yesterday, on the couch at 7 pm, while watching television.  Anyone else watch Masterpiece's Sherlock?  Did you like it?

2 comments:

quiltcontemplation blogspot said...

I watched they first three seconds of Sherlock and then fell asleep. So I can't tell you if I liked it or not. A for effort?

Annie said...

Yes,yes,yes....I loved the Masterpiece Mystery Sherlock. I thought that was so innovative and just plain fun! I knew it was a new twist on the Sherlock Holmes character, but didn't expect it to be so well done.