Saturday, October 31, 2009

Up but Not Awake

It's raining and the sky is dark. We haven't even "fallen back" on the time yet and it's dark. I have my oatmeal in the microwave and the coffee is ready (the bean grinder gave out, good thing we had another, waiting). I'm going to work. I am sleepy.

Today I'm "teaching" Beds To Rest. We think we will have 25 students. How to prepare your garden, shrubs etc for the coming winter. Halloween. Who will be in costume?

Working three days again next week. Sunday instead of Saturday. This is probably the way it will be until Christmas Eve. I'm already thinking about the months of winter when I will not be working. Wondering about all those days and weeks here alone.

G's eye exam was extensive and the doctor found nothing to suggest that he had the beginnings of macular degeneration. We are thankful for that. In fact, all the surfaces of G's inner eye looked normal. I had to drive home. Change lanes etc in rush hour (for Maine) traffic. It would have been awful, but G was telling me which lane I should be in so that made it better. I don't enjoy driving. I hate the type of traffic where everyone is changing lanes and going too fast.

Leo died on West Wing in the episode I watched last night. John Spencer died suddenly in real life so it was real and fiction at the same time. Very sad. No more episodes until after work on Monday. Hard to wait. I have two good books waiting for me at the library. Perhaps G will remember to pick them up?

I grilled steaks last night and fried potatoes and onions to go along. It was very good. We don't have steak very often. I also steamed fresh broccoli. We ate while watching the news and NCIS repeats.

I have to pack my lunch, pour my coffee and get moving. My day has begun.

1 comment:

Deborah Boschert said...

Yes, so sad about Leo/John Spencer. I came across WW while I was folding laundry and I watched and thought of you. It was election night. I even got a bit weepy. I just loved Santos and I am so thankful we now have someone like him in the real White House.