Tuesday, October 13, 2009

It's Raining

I woke up to the sound of rain. (I took this picture of my weeping crab tree just moments ago) Cold rain. Yesterday, at work, it was cold but sunny and the greenhouse crew was busy clipping the perennials short for their return trip to the solar greenhouse in Falmouth. I would have liked a bit of sunshine on my day off, today. Riley is grumbling. He would have liked some dry sunshine also.

I have a call into the heat/oil service for a check on my boiler. It's running every 10 minutes and the water in the shower was as close to scalding as it's ever been, with the mix all the way to the cold side. This all happened while I was away at work yesterday. And my friend K needs the white with black print fabric I promised to send "as soon as I get home". It's been nearly 2 weeks. I have the fabric cut, folded and ready to pack. I did that right before my shower last evening. The really, really HOT shower.

I paid all the bills yesterday morning, balanced all three checkbooks (found the missing checkbook in the office, on the floor, under the ironing board), addressed envelopes, applied stamps and THEN remembered it was Columbus Day. No mail. I also made a huge pot of chicken soup for G to help with the cold he still has before going into work. I have a container of black bean bisque for myself.

Interesting thing about the missing checkbook. Sunday, while ironing G's shirts for work this week, I started thinking about the checkbook. I mean it was like a banner headline running in my head. And for some reason I decided to look in the closet at the beige shirts. I had to move the vacuum and the checkbook, plopped, and I looked down and there it was. I had used the vacuum last week and no checkbook plopped then. I was stunned. Pleased, but stunned.

I have been really trying to notice, pay attention etc to the intuitive side of my brain. It does have things to tell me. An example: I'm walking out the door and a thought pops in my head "did you turn off the _____?". If I go back in, I find that I have NOT turned it off. But, I don't always pay attention. And leave the oven on at 400 degrees for 24 hours.

If I keep thinking of something, then I need to really pay attention to that thought. The message of the missing checkbook's location was SO strong because I was practically standing on top of it.

Another interesting facet of my "brain" is that I never use a clock or watch and I am never late for any appointment UNLESS I have decided to wear my watch. I wake up when I need to wake up, with enough time to dress, eat and make my lunch. Isn't that interesting?

Another is that I can sense my brain "sorting" information I have collected, looking for the piece of information I want, need or am interested in remembering. As long as I stay calm. I can find papers in a pile and go directly to them. (but if I panic, all bets are off)

Once, at a job I had, they needed a certain work order and didn't have the number but had a general date. I thought about the order, walked directly to a file cabinet (I did all the filing), opened a drawer, held my hand over the files and picked one. And it was the one they needed. My supervisor treated me like an outer space alien from that moment on.

I was stunned that the order I pulled was the ONE!!! Still am. But I was very proud of myself.

So, anyway, the boiler repair guy is here just an hour after I called. He's in the crawl space looking around and probably won't find a thing. I have a feeling the problem might be in the shower mixer but that doesn't explain the boiler going on every ten minutes for over an hour last night. And I don't have the heating zones on yet. So only water is being heated.

In any case, I will be able to go to the post office when he's done and mail the fabric and buy stamps.

We're having pork, homemade applesauce, baked potatoes and fresh green beans for supper tonight. One of my favorite meals. I may even make cookies.

My bowl today is filled with intuitive thoughts. Edit: And VERY HOT WATER. The valve on the extra water tank is stuck open and I have been notified that I have 26 gallons of 155 degree water down there right now. The cute guy has gone to find a new valve. He doesn't know how far he will have to go to find one, but he'll return, he hopes. Me too. He did. And fixed everything.

1 comment:

MariMo said...

Congratulations on your hot water - most important thing this time of year..............