Saturday, October 24, 2009

When You Try And Blog Everyday

You get the dreck with the golden nuggets. I apologize in advance for not being able to be witty, deep and hilarious 24/7/52. You should be thankful this blog has a "delete" button. I am.

Today it rained. And it was cold. And we had to help people carve pumpkins. And a guy actually thought there was going to be a LECTURE on how to carve a pumpkin. And he walked out when he was told we were ACTUALLY CARVING REAL PUMPKINS and not just talking about carving pumpkins. And N (my co carver) was forced to come get me at one point, because if she had to spend another minute alone with the three women carving pumpkins, she was going to stab herself with the pumpkin carving tool. Women. We though we were doing this for CHILDREN! Finally, after lunch, some children arrived. An 8 year old showed us his "signature" uni-brow pumpkin design.

I left work at 2:30 to meet Deborah (of the blog in the sidebar) while she is visiting Maine. Great visit. And I got to see all her 12 by 12 pieces in person and her daily Lent pieces. I, of course, had forgotten to bring my pieces. I was just so excited to see her, I forgot everything else.

Got home at the same time as G and noticed a funny smell in the garage. The newly repaired Jeep had leaked ALL it's transmission fluid onto the garage floor. If we had been driving it, we would have ruined the transmission. And we have a dog, who can't go into the garage until the fluid is completely cleaned up. And it's Saturday. Everything is closed until Monday.

My bowl today is filled with joy. Seeing Deborah and the lovely bowl piece she made for Lent. I want to make a bowl.

3 comments:

Jeannie said...

I am so glad some sunshine arrived in the form of Deborah! I laughed outloud about the pumpkin carving. Sometimes children are so much easier to deal with than adults.

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Me, too, I want to make a bowl too. My quilt guild had a three-day show at the Cincinnati Nature Center. Lots of lovely work, but what really got my fingers interested was seeing bowls made with coiling. I want to make one. Best wishes.

Deborah Boschert said...

It was so wonderful to see you. Just lovely.