Thursday, October 22, 2009

Table View

I think this could be an interesting photo op. The view of the table on a certain day and time everyweek. No fussing. Like I did for this shot. I moved a bunch of stuff to make it look more "arty".

The dog woke me up at around 7:30, barking. He stopped and I went back to sleep. But when I finally got up an hour later, I decided he was going to day care. It's raining (sort of) and I have the house lights on because it's dismal. While I was out delivering the dog to daycare, I stopped at the grocery to return a product with too much fragrance and purchase milk. My path toward the back of the store (and the milk) was the cereal aisle. My shredded wheat (store brand) was $1.89 all spring and summer. Then last week it was $2.09. Today it was $2.29. I won't be buying it anymore. I meant to check on the frozen orange juice I buy. It also, is magically increasing in price every week. My large container of oatmeal went up 20 cents.

I didn't get to make any squares and circles last night while watching television. I didn't get to actually "watch" television as my eyes were dry and irritated. So I put drops in and covered my eyes with a cool damp towel. And listened to our shows. And waited for my eyes to return to normal, which took a long time. My eye doctor doesn't want me rubbing my eyes. And rubbing makes them feel ever so much better.

G had taken the Jeep in for service yesterday. The battery had lost it's charge, the brake lights didn't work, it needed an oil change and rotation of the tires, new spark plugs and fluids etc. It also needed to have the electrical wiring replaced, I guess. They are still working on it and the tab is over $1000 already. Now, my husband can see the problems we'll be having owning four vehicles. Two of which, the Jeep and BMW, are not being driven. But the Jeep will be returning to service now that winter is coming. To justify the money we are spending on it.

Do I sound whiny? In that pretentious, yuppie way? I own four cars, and it's such a pain, boo hoo. I hate when I sound like that.

I'm going to do some housework and then watch a DVD while sewing circles to squares. I am really missing my West Wing episodes. They'll be back on starting Monday but I have to face the fact that there are only a week's worth of episodes left. Then what will I do???? How will I entertain myself? This season's new programing (and the old programing) isn't really very good. Even House is boring.

And my nose is running.

My bowl today is full of self serving whining.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ha, J, I nearly fell over when I went to pick up my favorite Kashi GoLean at another store and it was a whopping $6.49 A BOX! My regular non-chain store carries it at $3.29 and I keep thinking they are going to get in on this secret and start charging more, so I always buy 2-3 boxes each time I go. We are hard pressed to find cereal at under $5 a box (not on sale) anywhere here on Maui...