Friday, January 29, 2021

Daily Notes- January 29th


 My cup.  Refilled many many times each day.  Morning- coffee.  Later- tea.  I always have one cup that I use until it breaks.  I have loved them all and mourn their loss.  I like a large cup.  I like a good open handle.  I like the cup to hold 10 ounces or more.  Most have had a floral design.  And they absolutely CAN NOT be made in China.  The Chinese allow heavy metals to go into their glazes.  Heavy metals are very toxic when heated.  Like if a cup is filled with boiling water or put into the microwave to heat up.  Heavy metals can possibly cause cancer.

Try and find dishes or cups that aren't made in China.  Try.  

Which is why I look for my mugs at Goodwill.  Older stuff- better odds it won't say China on the bottom. But that ship has sailed.  Daughter and I sort thru everything at Goodwill and so much says China.  We refuse to buy any clothing etc with a China label. And it's hard to find clothing that isn't labeled Vietnam. But everyone is having their clothing lines produced in Vietnam.

When I worked that One Season at LLBean- their stuff comes from many countries- I got a very very bad rash on my face from rubbing my hands- which had touched clothing for 8 hours- across my eyes. My eyes were getting involved and the rash was red and swollen all the time.  I was on steroids for a month or more..  8 pills the first five days.  I stopped working there and stopped buying new Bean clothing there.  I buy very old stuff at Goodwill (the old size tags are very different). I learned later it's the weed killer they spray where they grow fiber crops.  It's also insecticide they spray on the clothing itself to keep bugs and insects out the shipping boxes.

Christmas scarf around my neck.  Cashmink made in Germany ( I checked the tag).  Grey, charcoal, white and red plaid.  Goes with everything. Grey is the primary color.  Very nice.  Soft.  Doesn't itch.  Warm.   It's amazing that something around your neck can make you feel warmer than your sweater alone.  But it does.

I am doing an inventory of the fridge.  See what needs to be used this weekend.  Husband has been doing an excellent job eating the leftovers.  He might actually appreciate a fresh pot of chicken soup.  Me?  I am wanting pasta.  But need to think about what sort of sauce to make for it. Meatless.

Washing Machine Pages and might need to wear my Winter coat while watching the machine today. The outside air comes inside thru the dryer vent. Showers are very chilly as well in January and February. I said a few days ago I was going to wash clothes- I never did.   But running out of underwear.


1 comment: