Friday, January 22, 2021

Daily News- January 22nd


 Sewn yesterday as I watched news programing.  With the exception of the center bottom blue (DebL's DyeWorks) and the dotted commercial fabric- the remainder (majority) is fabric I painted myself.  I cannot use dyes as they are very small particle dyes and I have reactive asthma.  Even with a commercial dye mask- particles can still be airborne.  So I use water soluble craft paint.  I added thread lines.  The dark blue paint blob seemed to want to be an atom of some sort.  An atom of creative-ness. Energy.  Expression.

This is more of a rectangle but I like square pictures here on the blog. So the image is cropped. And might have more edges added.  Or be sliced and have the "more" added internally.  Or be finished.  First, some spray starch and a hot iron.

Last night I visited the business end of this blog and found- "what to my wondering eyes did appear" but blog posts with 300 to 400 visits. In December.  Lately it's only 20 visits and no comments.  No comments is the usual here on this blog.  Which is quite fine.  As I am not writing to generate comments.

I am writing just to have a way to remind myself of daily life- if and when I forget who I was.  Who I am. I worry about that.  Losing myself.  To age.  To illness.  To loneliness.

But I will have this- my son says Blogger never loses anything.

The Euphoria of January 20th didn't last long.  The Talking Heads on television make everything seem so tedious and impossible.  Vaccine and a Vaccination site nearby (in Town) has been decided.  A telephone number has been given.  It is possible to sit dialing the number for hours and hours with no result.  My husband I will wait it out.  Let it all settle down.  We are close to the one year anniversary of being in quarantine.  We have toilet paper, flour and sugar.  Yeast.  And the government expects us to file our taxes on time this year.  So this is now "normal life".

My $600 check has arrived.  My husband's is lost in the mail. Pharmacy says something is ready for pickup.  We have no idea what.  See....everything is normal.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joanne, I'm happy to know your husband hasn't got a check yet. I got mine, dh didn't get one and no luck tracking it down! I thought we were the only ones. Must be ladies first so that we can start spending, lol. .....................I'm in no hurry to get the vaccine either,I'll wait fo the crowds and confusion to subside. Annie

Susan Sawatzky said...

My check was direct deposited within 2 days of the announcement! No husband anymore so not worried about his check.

I had my first shot Wednesday. Our local Healthcare is doing a wonderful job. They began with those over 85, then over 80 and now over 75. The line outside the hospital this morning when I went to my physical therapy appmt was very long. I live in a town of about 10,000, county population is only about 30,000.

Liz A said...

I don't usually check my Blogger stats, but your post sent me looking. From October on my stats have gone steadily up. The last time I saw a pattern like this was during and immediately after the the 2016 election. Back then, the hits were coming out of Russia. This time around, the stats are coming from the US ... the domestic threat is real and we can only imagine what "they" are looking for.