Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Daily Mending- January 12th


 Jude Hill (Spirit Cloth) is the inspiration for this drawing I made while watching the Capitol Aftermath. I had paper, pens etc just sitting there while I was mending the holes and weak entry points on my sweater's elbows on January 6th.  Echoing the Capital.  Anyway...... Jude had made her usual wonderful nine patch and then added points- usually only 8 but this time she added a ninth.  I drew and added fabric design not like the original but just reminded of it.  And that little ninth point that Jude had added.

I don't want ANY Readers here to think I am cheating or stealing Jude's work. I am not.  This is just a drawing that I made to remind myself of something I liked.  It will be pasted into my art journal. If you don't know Jude Hill- please go visit her site-  Lovely cloth and paper art there. 

I walked down the drive to collect the morning paper and while out I dragged my cross the road neighbor's  now empty recycling and garbage cans back up her driveway.  Lots of ice has stuck to the surface of her driveway and I didn't want her to fall.  Then I collected all the debris the garbage men leave on the street and pulled our container up the drive to the garage. It's sunny but cold.  

I read Abbi Waxman's The Bookish Life of Nina Hill yesterday- straight thru only stopping to make lunch.  I highly recommend it.  I will begin the Garden of Small Beginnings today after I do some Washing Machine Pages and perhaps a bit of dusting. I purchased extra heavy duty dust things for my Swiffer yesterday.  We'll see.  Otherwise I have to drag out the Central Vac Hose.  And that's quite a workout. And I am not sure I want to do that.  Reading seems like a better choice.

I'm not sure I mentioned that I had been wearing my "new to me" (Goodwill) cranberry red corduroy pants.  Just yesterday.  But I decided (this morning) the pants were too loud and I'm back to my usual old drab olive green ones.  It was just too much for me.  Too much.  When I look them up on sites to see if I can buy more drab green ones- they are described  as "vintage".  My cross body purse, also.  Vintage.

I guess that's me.  Vintage.

3 comments:

Deb Lacativa said...

Why don't you dye them? Adventures with RIT!

Life Scraps and Patches said...

I am enjoying that same book, but yesterday was a busy day and I didn't get nearly as much reading done as you did.

Liz A said...

I do like orange-y reds and turquoise blues together ...