Saturday, January 09, 2021

Daily Mending- January 9th


 Books.  And two more are at the library waiting for pickup.  I guess I should have taken the picture sideways.  Easier to read.  Paris, He Said (cause if Paris is in the title I get the book and this one was on the free cart at library)  Eligible - a re telling of Pride and Prejudice. Twice in a Blue Moon and Love and Other Words (favorite author).   Bookish Life- recommend by a Reader.  Caught in Time.  FBI agent (female) falls back in Time to 1700's I think.  This is book three which I think I already have read so it might go back unread and then I will need to order books 4 and 5.  

I have many book lists going right now- which is a recipe for mistakes on my part.  And I have books recommended by friends to add.  Plus, quite a few new books coming out right now.  I am not reading political books.  I know they are popular but I may save them for the decade of my 80's.  The new Louise Penny book has finally gotten to my name on the reserve list.  I can hardly stand the wait to go pick it up at the library on Monday- my only day when I go out into the World of COVID. And return to Three Pines and the little cafe and all those old fictional friends.

My daughter has brought me fabric to make her more masks.  All sorts of flashy patterned cottons and flannels. I am really terrible at making masks.  A true zealot on the mask fitting properly etc etc. so I am constantly sewing and adjusting.  And for some reason it's the over the ear elastic that really gets me "CRAZY".

Struts stabilize and have to do with front end steering the car. "loosey goosey" not being something you want to describe steering on your child's car.  $800 for parts and service. Here in Maine where everything is VERY EXPENSIVE  I was expecting it to cost a HEAP of money. $800 is a lot but I had already spent $900 on the back bumper rust body work situation on two Fits- mine and daughter's. Sigh.  

Very expensive (Maine) for me is nearly $400 a month for heating the house. To 64 degrees. And closing the hall door and keeping the bedrooms at 58 which includes my sewing room.  The Magic Attic at 49 degrees so bathroom pipes don't freeze. And it is sometimes below zero outside.  So furnace sometimes seems to be always running.  Why I sometimes wear two sweaters and a scarf in the house.

2 comments:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

I liked the sound of "The Bookish Life of Nina Hill" so I requested that one from my library. And another by the same author. Thanks.

beverly said...

Good luck with your browns and titans today. Sadly the seahawks lost oh well there is always next year. I put the "The Bookish Life of Nina Hill on my list too.