Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Daily Notes- December16th


 My word for the day and a little lamb made for me years ago by my sweet little kindergarten going daughter.  It holds a "front and center" place on every Christmas Tree.  She also brought home chicken pox that December.  Tomorrow the ornament my son made at the same age.

My tree now had lights and ornaments and is perfect.  It stays up until  January when the Wise Men arrived.  I can't believe that Christmas is next week. I need to start on my cookies.

Well, I made very large cups of tea for my friend and I.  It was indeed 28 degrees on the back deck.  Even in the Sun.  My tea had sugar hers had honey.  And I had to answer questions regarding the honey.  Had the honey EVER come in contact with a spoon that had peanut butter on it.  Some people eat peanut butter and honey sandwiches. And she has a very big peanut allergy.  

Her family is dealing with elderly parents in care situations and as time passes- money issues. Paying for at home care or commercial care facilities.  Two different situations- And the havoc that trails down to the family members making decisions.  Often not the right ones by mistake.  Making decisions while under emotional stress.  And then we spoke of death. It was an interesting visit. I could relate slightly.  I sat by my father's bed in the Palliative Care unit one November.  Making decisions for my father as executor of his life and estate.  I know what a heavy burden that is. But add to that the problems with money.  A nightmare.

Husband is not wanting to eat his regular lunch of cold deli meats rolled up in Swiss cheese.  So I asked if he "might" eat the same meats in a grilled sandwich.  A "hot" lunch.  Yes, he would.  And he asked for American cheese and not Swiss.  So......today he wants the same.  Well, okay.

Susan-- I will indeed test the potholders made with just potholder batting.  See if they are okay before giving them away.  My friend on the back deck and I were reminded of someone who gave us potholders that did nothing to keep hands from the heat of a hot pan.  So, a double reminder regarding homemade potholders.  And a double layer of batting is a good solution if one cannot get to the store for the special "potholder" batting.

I found a few other little potholders that never got bound with edging.  So- a few more.  And upstairs I believe I have Santa Fabric.  I can make them up for next Christmas.

I believe I am allergic or sensitive to Balsam.  My left eye is swollen and itchy.  

Husband has a doctor's appointment today at 3 pm.  I am going along.  The doctor likes me to accompany husband to doctor visits.  Now.  Will be interesting.   Just like every day is "interesting".  Hope your day is also interesting but without quote marks.

No comments: