Saturday, December 12, 2020

Daily Notes- December 12th


 Well, I am so sorry I am so late to the desktop.  I addressed my Christmas Cards and worked on the binding of my Christmas Potholders.  It was a deep dive into the binding technique- I had forgotten all of it.  So, many mistakes until FINALLY I was back into it.  I need to cut one more strip for the last one- but looked at the clock and........ here I am.  I will hand stitch after I eat some lunch.  While I watch tv.

Meditate.  Yes.  That would be a fine thing to do. Riley and I did that. Meditate.  The first 30 minutes we settled - me on the couch and he on his bed next to my right foot.  He pressed his back to my foot and I pressed my foot to his back- and we were quiet.  Settling.  Being Whole with each other.  I think he was my one great love. Unconditional.  Accepting of all faults.  Green.

I worked on my yellow square yesterday.  Trust Your Gut.  It's different but I like it.  I love my Orange square. Emotions, Creativity, Water/flow.  Next up is green.  Unconditional Love, Intuition. Good Health. I have always loved green.  Mossy greens.

My TREE drank water.  I had to fill the stand a few minutes ago.  I have to get into the feel of it.  Remind myself to check- I did before bedtime but should have checked after breakfast. There was still water so it was okay.  Plain water.  No additives.  That's what trees like.  And it is beginning to smell like pine in here.

Another Art Quilter out in the stratosphere  made lovely potholders and hung them on a little tree in her neighborhood.  Inviting passersby to take one.  I loved how the little tree looked  in her photo- and each day I think she replenishes the tree.  Now- my  plan is to put a potholder in my neighbors (on my deadend street) mailboxes.  Boxes with a little red flag you raise if you have mail to go to the post office. And one in the newspaper box for the gal who brings my paper.

Well, that's about all for today.  Potholders.  I haven't read a book in three days.  I am reading a book- but it's on the computer screen. Coming in in two page segments.  So I don't go blind.  I've read this particular book (being written by a friend) before but she has been editing for the past few years and I never did get to read the ending.  So this is exciting.  I always want to say it's Jack and Diane like that old song.  But it's Jack and Anna. She is limiting the number of pages so my eyes don't go crazy.  I'm getting old-- laughing. She also warns me of parts I might not be comfortable with.  I  like Jack.  I like Anna.  I like one of the Russians. (I know I shouldn't)  I like Chang.  With a book- the more characters a reader likes- the better, huh?

No comments: