Wednesday, December 09, 2020

Daily Notes- December 9th


 Yesterday husband took two long naps.  I always wish I was a napping type personality.  I get very tired and sit on the couch with my eyes closed.  But my mind keeps clicking away.  I never fall asleep. Ever vigilant for "danger".  A seed planted long ago in a small child's brain.  You are not safe.

At first I was happy to have chosen 'nap'.  A bit of a rest.  But then ......well, I was reminded.

Today there is still no Sunshine here in Maine.  27 degrees.  Bright. Cold. Brittle.

I was laughing when the news people showed us the reply to Trump's Supreme Court request to overturn election results. He was VERY confident that his FIVE would go his way.  They just wrote one sentence- they could have sent just a two letter word.  NO.  But sent.... Denied.  By ALL NINE.

Other News is not so great.  People are dying. There was no Thanks in this year's Thanksgiving. There was a considerable amount of Giving of germs and COVID.

Husband has cake in the fridge and we still have apple pie.  I was considering baking another Pumpkin Pie. I have to work on my grocery list for Christmas Eve.  I have to make sure I have enough flour, eggs, potatoes and butter. And cream cheese.  The Christmas Pierogi.  Actually  the Pierogi ARE Christmas for this family.  No one really gives a hoot for presents.  And I am alone in enjoying the tree.

Presents were never my favorite part of the holiday.  Stress-filled shopping for people who actually didn't need anything.  Not interested.  I write a check.

Now- Christmas Cards.  I enjoyed making those for many many years.  A big fun craft project. I have an idea for a homemade card.  Not sure I can get it done.  But I am thinking about it and that is sometimes the most fun.  The creative thinking.  And making something out of felt.  And finishing up the binding on my potholders which will be hand delivered to door knobs. Not mailed.

I hope the episodes on Law and Order are better today. And I hope there is ONE good Christmas Movie on Hallmark or Lifetime.  ONE.  Give me just one, please. Where you made an effort to do a good job. 

Otherwise- it's me on the couch with my eyes closed thinking about calling in for the Miracle Spring Water.

1 comment:

Susan Sawatzky said...

If you have Netflix there is a brit movie called "Patrick" that is very sweet