Wednesday, December 02, 2020

Daily Notes- December 2nd.


From the LLBean catalog but looks just like Fenway- the puppy down the road.  Belongs to the Twins. And my word for today recharge.  Was never so happy to hear all the appliances pinging and coming back on yesterday.  At the same moment the computer woke up as well.  And we watched tv with more appreciation that we normally have for it.  Not sure I am up for any personal recharging.

Newspaper reported lines down in Portland during the storm that melted the sidewalk.  And another photo of a huge tree on top of a house.  We have very poor soil here in Maine- very sandy.  And the big 30 foot trees have shallow root systems.  They tip and fall and take out power lines, houses, cars and sometimes people. Which is why we have big, unhealthy trees taken down near our house.

Today- the sun is shining.  But for some reason my oatmeal exploded all over the microwave.  So there was a big cleanup and then I spilled the milk (in the oatmeal bowl) all over my sweater.  Very hard start to the day.  Plus there is a load of wash for the Washing Machine. I do not want to........

I read the new (newer) Colgan book 500 Miles From You and it was a follow up for the book I had just finished about Nanny Seven (Bookshop by the Shore).  I didn't know that but it was okay.  Same people in the Scottish Town and the little Blue Bookmobile etc.  But half the story in tiny Scottish Town and the other is intercity London.  The end was like a huge box of assorted leftover bits that might have been damned fine in themselves but not in 20 pages in the back of the book.  They had a rating slip in the back and I gave it the middle number.  Not awful and not great.

I am in the midst of another Christina Lauren book- Dating You Hating You.  And not liking the Los Angeles Big Business vibe.  Not sure I will even finish it. Too much descriptive time spent on their clothing and their huge super office building and their clients.  I have two heavy weight books on the table waiting.  No romance in either of them- murder for sure in one.  But that's a good thing.  Recharging. Who doesn't like a really scary murder????  One by One Ruth Ware.

I haven't had interest or  electricity to work on either of my December potholder projects. Interest in the days and weeks prior to loss of electricity.  so.......do I leave them until December 2021 or do I just do a "force" and make myself do it?  Suppose I make a stretch here-  do I "recharge" my interest in finishing a project started in 2019?   Let you know tomorrow.

No comments: