Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Daily Notes- December 15th


 Another image from the fashion magazine (free at the library).  Sort of "trust in helping hands" ( in protective gloves?).  so fashionably COVID.  If offered to me- yes, I will accept the vaccine.

Got the lights on the tree and looked at them last night while watching Hallmark Movies- and kept getting up to fuss with them- a bit to the left, too deep so pull some forward  and then before bed- I trimmed a few branches off the bottom.  Cleaned it up a bit.  It's hard being me......

Today decorations.  Ornaments.  And the daily fuss- potting with them.  That's a word- fuss-potting. It's how I live my life.  Fussing around with things- changing my mind- back and forth.

Before the fuss potting- hot cups of tea on the back deck in chairs- I have to find some chairs- with Patty.  She is recently returned from Boston where she helps care for her 102 year old father.  Everyone in the household got Covid early on.  Caregivers, father, my friend.  They recovered pretty quickly.  Patty is an RN and is now doing contact tracing for CDC.  We are having a visit- outdoors, 6 feet apart and with masks wearing heavy Winter coats, scarves and mittens.  Twenty eight degrees.  We might decide to walk. Rather than sit.  We'll see. How it goes.  But we won't be in the house.

I have not made my green square yet but my friend Patty is "unconditional love".  The tree........it takes up all my time.  And energy.

I have three new potholders to quilt and sew (I pieced them years ago it seems).  I cut the backing fabric larger and will fold and bring it up over the edges.  No binding.  I also added warm and natural batting to the potholder insulted batting. I read the paper instructions.  Now I worry the others are too thin.  Any comments?...................... I can't redo the ones that are done already.  But I don't want to give my neighbors something that will not be protective?

3 comments:

Susan Sawatzky said...

If you have a microwave, heat a cup of water to boiling and then see if you can pick it up with one of the potholders. If you can do that, the ones already made should be okay for use to give to neighbors.

I just use two layers of regular batting, whatever I have on hand, in my potholders.

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see your decorated tree!, I hope you and your friend kept warm, very cold today!..............Annie

Unknown said...

Fuss-potters unite!