Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Why Is It Raining?

Riley and Pook are asking me this question on this cold and wet morning in mid May.  I turned up the furnace for the two of them.  As you can see, Pook didn't get as close to the vents as Riley, who is managing the yard from inside the house right now.  From this most excellent dog view point he can see any deer coming out of the woods, any passing walkers or joggers trespassing on private property (a concept Mainers do not understand at all), any squirrels, wild turkeys or passing ducks.  The crows who visit, stand in the trees calling down to him.  Or perhaps they are just trying to say "good morning".  The back yard is a very busy place from Riley's viewpoint and he has to divide his attention every hour to what may be happening in the front yard.  Garbage pick up or the neighbor coming and going.  He has gone out to chase crows off the lawn.

I slept until 8 and am now enjoying my first cup of coffee before going upstairs to do my pilates/yoga exercises.  I have a new yoga mat and hope that helps to stabilize my feet.

Yesterday was another personally challenging day for me at work.  More perennials to unload in the rain and wind (five full carts and then a sixth later) with D.  Sand and dirt blowing into our eyes.  Additions to tables we thought were complete.  Limited space left on the retaining wall for extras.  Weeds growing up thru the trays we already have on the wall. These are not conditions I would choose if I owned the business.

I am using the delete button.  I managed by 3 pm to separate my personal beliefs from my work situation.  This is my biggest challenge in LIFE when working.  This is what makes me miserable. The continual stress of working against what I know to be a "better solution".  And the World's Laziest Boy has been rehired for the summer.  I had hoped to never see him again after last summer.  (delete button used)

Yesterday was the first day of the Atkins-ish type diet.  I had an omelet made with sausage, onion and kale for breakfast, yogurt with protein powder, mango and raspberries for lunch (yes, I know Atkins is dairy free) and no dinner because by the time I got home, in the shower to warm up etc. it was past 8.  The 365 Day Diet specified no eating after 8 so I didn't.  I went to bed hungry but when I woke up this morning, I wasn't.  I am just happy to have something low carb to eat for breakfast.  That I like eating.  I have a lunch date today so that will be stressful. Choosing a low carb meal at an Italian restaurant.  I can always get a salad.  It's amazing how full you feel when eating so much protein.  I now wish I had added more protein to my diet in 2007.  I am counting calories (1200).

I have my shopping list ready.  After lunch I will be buying a pork shoulder for the crock pot and a chuck roast to cube for Texas chili if I can find the recipe I wrote down.  More lettuce. More tuna.  I have meat loaf (with broccoli) on the menu for tonight.  I don't think I can do this for very long, but it will get the scale moving downward, I hope.

I need to get upstairs and work out.  I hope it isn't raining or cold where you are today.

No comments: