Thursday, May 19, 2011

Eleven P.M.

Spent the morning with G & Riley. Too cold and the rain was coming down too hard for the tomato seedlings to be outside.  Perhaps, tomorrow?  We are supposed to see the sun this weekend.

I worked from noon to 7.30 today. The boys devoured the banana bread and raved about how good it was.

The senior retirement residence finally got their very large pots to me. The center plant I wanted (had planned) to use fell apart as I tried to remove it from the pot it was in.  No roots. So I had to change lanes and go with a Mandavilla.  One white and one pink because I really wanted the pink and there was only one.  Later I added a taller bent bamboo hoop to hold the wandering (future) vines.  I managed to use $100 worth of plants (plus taxes) for each pot.  They look like something I would love to have at my house.  That's what I do.  Make things I love and give them away. If I remember in the morning I will take my camera and get a picture of the two pots.

Instead of using my expensive Pro Mix soil-less mix, I went behind the Annual House and searched the pile of broken bags and found potting soils.  Several brands.  I filled the pots with that.  Already marked off as damaged.  If I had added soil into the price it would have been closer to $150 each.  If I had found more styrofoam packing I could have made the pots lighter--they are way too heavy.  But they are always too heavy.

My scale showed a 7 pound weight loss in 9 days this morning ( and I believe it is realistic as some of my spring work pants now fit loosely enough to be comfortable).  The Atkins diet/1200 calories is working. We even went to Ruby Tuesday last night for dinner and I had a small steak and two helpings of salad from their reduced in size salad bar (and we had a coupon).  Man, were people grumbling about the limited salad bar!!!  RT removed 20 popular items from the salad bar.  When I went thru they were out of several items (empty containers) and the delicious croutons.  G loves the croutons and he asked the kitchen to bring some out.  They gave us another coupon because we had to wait so long for our food.  I don't think I want to dine there again, actually, unless we get the ribs.  The steak wasn't very good.  Chewy.

Work again at 7.30 am.  I don't have anything prepared for breakfast so will need to get up with time to make my omelet or at least fry the last two eggs.  I may do that and eat them with reheated bacon and some Tuscan bread toasted until it is very dry and crisp.  Lunch will be a green salad with tuna.

Tomorrow I am getting my hair cut by a new stylist.  I am nervous about it.  Nothing ruins my feelings of self worth more than a bad haircut.

1 comment:

dee said...

Thanks for reminding me to get out tomorrow and find a Mandavilla. The one I had last year was so beautiful-everyone commented on it.

I never had bread on the Atkins. How much are you allowed now or are you playing it by ear? Because that might make a huge difference to me. I'm lost without some good bread somewhere in my diet.