Thursday, May 26, 2011

Back To Work

I really enjoyed my day off but now it's back to work.  The afternoon shift asked for another loaf of Soda Bread so that is mixed and baking as I type.   Riley went to the vet to get his nails clipped and be weighed. He hasn't lost any weight.  Still 91 pounds.  I guess I need to go back to the daily 3 mile walks.  I really can't do them after working all day.  My life just is one thing after another and no time to get anything done the way I want it done.

I have decided to devote myself, completely, to Atkins Induction without any cheating.  I started doing that yesterday and decided to purchase thin sliced ham and cheese to make roll ups for when I need something to eat.  I made one yesterday for lunch and it was good.  I also bought large packages of meat.  I cooked the pieces of chuck I bought and made Induction Chili.  It's spicy hot.  Wowza!  I also plan to marinate pork for Chinese Pork on the grill and Mustard (not Rabbit) Chicken.  Really.  That's the recipe's name.  The mustard chicken has lots of mustard (plus dry powdered mustard to add more heat) and cream and bacon.  It's a French recipe.  Has all the ingredients for Atkins.  Meat, fat, bacon, heavy cream.  I now remember I forgot to buy Dijon mustard yesterday.

I used one of my morning hours to sort thru my clothes deciding what fits now and what doesn't.  I did this because I can't trust my bathroom scale.  My weight (by the scale) goes up or down by 3 to 5 pounds in a day.  Who knows what I actually weigh?  But my clothes are looser and I can fit into things that were tight a few weeks ago.  I'm going to go by that and put the scale in the closet.

I spent a few hours last night trying to find an affidavit template to use for the very last bit of work on my dad's estate.  Procrastinated!!!!   I found nothing but companies wanting me to sign over $13.95 for "something" but with no way to look at it I wasn't going to buy anything.  I just need to write something that lets the bank know my daughter is the new owner of a POD and what she wants done with the account.   I guess I could just write a letter.  But I wanted it to be more professional since it needs to be notarized.  And, most of all, I wanted to include everything that needs to be included so we get it right the first time.   I did mine in person.  Sigh!

G wants me to drive him to the Toyota dealer BEFORE I go to work and that means two trips through the main section of our town in the middle of the day (traffic).  It's nearly 10 now so we should be on our way pretty soon if I need to be at work by 11.30.  I have a half hour to make the pork marinade or do it tomorrow.  I have seven window boxes to put together which is the only reason I am even going to work today.  I hope all the greenhouse watering is done.  I am so over this job right now.

No comments: