Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Caladium Leaf

No worries about keeping this plant in the "shade" as we haven't seen the sun in a very long time.  I just finished shredding the pork picnic which simmered in the crock pot overnight.  Now, it is slow cooking in BBQ sauce and a handful of brown sugar.  Riley is keeping a close watch on the pork.  Hoping some may drop onto the floor.  Dogs are the real optimists among us.

I can't decide what I want for breakfast today.  It's so cold, that a nice warm breakfast would be very nice. I will climb up on the step ladder to reach the oatmeal box in a few minutes to see how many carbs there are in one serving.  There are 40 grams in a serving of 46 tiny biscuits of my shredded wheat (not counting the soy milk).  My index card gives me permission to have 15 grams per meal.   There are 16 total grams in the 1 cup of Greek yogurt and the scoop of protein powder combined minus the fruit.

I obviously was consuming great quantities of carbohydrates with the Whole Foods approach.  Even though they were all whole grains without any added sugar.

I have time to decide as I woke up this morning and wasn't ravenous.  I am satisfied, right now, with my coffee.  I don't have to be at work until 12 noon, so I have plenty of time for a few loads of laundry and my exercise routine.  I should prepare and cook the "omelet" to have whenever I get hungry.

I worry about the greenhouse business.  This long stretch of chilly weather is good for transplanting but I am not seeing much activity in the perennial yard even though I try and stay out there "just in case" anyone needs help.  All they ever want is cucumber seedlings.  Everyone's lawn is looking like a golf course.  Emerald green carpets dotted with golden dandelions.  Tomorrow (day off) I will be using the little dandelion "puller" we purchased at Cracker Barrel a few years back.  Works like a charm.  Most of my existing dandelions are in the perennial beds.

That's it for today.  I am cold.  Unenthusiastic about work.  Eager to return home at 7.30 tonight and have a nice serving of BBQ on top of a mixed green salad.  My only decision is whether to shower first or eat first.  I guess it will depend on how cold and damp I get at work today.  I'm betting on the shower first.   Hope the sun is shining where you are today!

No comments: