Friday, May 20, 2011

Fuchsia Friday

All day today I found these particular blossoms in front of my feet as I walked across the greenhouse.  After the birth of our first child G (who was working in a production greenhouse at the time) brought a huge Fuchsia (a hanging plant) to the hospital.  I was embarrassed; it was too big.  I said take it away.  I hurt his feelings.  And my own feelings for this flower have been soured ever since.  This year I enjoyed watering the hundreds of fuchsia in the greenhouse for the first time in four years.  I was even tempted to buy a fuchsia but wondered how to explain this to G.  I think this is another message.  Let go of past mistakes.

Today is day ten of my diet and today was the first day of wearing non corduroy work pants.  I wore a cotton pair of cargo pants that usually give me a constant panty wedgie.  Today!  No wedgies.  At all and I bent, walked, sat and did everything I could think of to provoke a wedgie.  The pants just are no longer so tight thru the butt.  Thrilling.  Loose pants are the bomb!

And today I shopped at Loews and got my annual $48 worth of plants for my planter box on the back stoop.  Scabiosa in blue,  wave petunias in white and a purple and white stripe, and two Blue Fescue grasses to add to the front garden bed.  From work I purchased, white Gaura,  red coreopsis, and a dark blue Centaura, a blue verbena bonariensara, and a soapwort.  Tomorrow is my day off and the sun is supposed to be shining and I will be in the garden planting things and being happy.

Last, but certainly not least, I got my hair cut in a new salon by a new stylist.  G says it looks good.  It's short but in a "new" way.  Fresh and not frumpy is what I requested.  And it was less expensive that the previous haircut.  We discovered a whole section at the back of my head where the hair was longer than it should have been.  This is the spot where the hair was standing out from my head no matter what I tried to do to get it to lay flat.  I was also told that I have "hamster hair" as my hair grows is swirls all over my head.  But I have LOTS of hair.  Very thick and healthy.  Hamster Hair.  Wowza!!!

1 comment:

dee said...

Hamsters are my favorite!!
Nothing like a great haircut and no wedgies.
Enjoy the sunshine.