Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Watercolor Crayon On Fabric

Which can never be washed since the wax will dissolve.  I managed to add writing to this piece and had a great deal of fun experimenting with automatic writing.  I thought of words and made squiggles without actually writing words.  There are actual words also.  I started that way and then loosened up.  I trimmed the fabric and glued it into a spread in my art journal.  It made me smile a few hours later when I checked to see if the glue was holding.  A bright bit of cheer in the journal.

40 degrees today and when I let Riley out the front door he had trouble getting a grip on the icy surface.  I was happy that I had decided not to walk him. G got home very late and was trying to work on the automated French fry loader.  He finally ordered parts which will arrive Friday.  I served dinner as soon as he got home and he is now fast asleep in his chair.

Unemployment sent a handful of separate envelopes to me today.  If they wonder how they can save money--one envelope would be a pretty good place to begin.  I now have two of everything.  About $4.40 of excess postage for just one of over 200,000 or more unemployed people in Maine.  88K for this week's mail.  And no check.  This week is my "waiting period week".  I'll get a check next week.  Since I have two of everything--why not two checks, also?

The ratatouille is delicious.  I have four freezer tubs for later and one 2 cup serving to eat this week over pasta or spread on my reheated pizza.

1 comment:

Terry Grant said...

Beautiful fabric piece. I love the watercolor crayons. I have been mixing a very watery solution of water and acrylic medium to use on the watercolor crayons to make them more permanent. Seems to work, though I have never run any of my work through the washer with detergent.