Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Busy Day

I had a restless night and woke with a sore back.  G has a cough and he would start coughing just as I was falling asleep.  Then I would be awake--thinking.  Never a good night time activity.  I did eventually have another goofy dream.  This time I was back in college and it was some sort of big weekend.  Lots of crowds.  I was invited to ride in the car of a very attractive guy.  Don't know why.  That never happened in real life.  Have no idea what this dream means either.

I may have mentioned eating pasta with tomatoes, onion, kale and garlic for dinner on Monday and Tuesday.  Yesterday I measured dry pasta to see what the suggested "serving" size actually was. Certainly no where near what I think is a serving.  Not anywhere close to what I have been eating.  On the "Cinch" diet a serving of pasta should fill a half cup measure.  Tiny.  Not worth bothering with.  I'm not on the Cinch diet.  But I am liking the new Weight Watchers where all the fruits and vegetables are zero.  They probably even it out by doubling the points for pasta.  Am I going to stop eating pasta?  No.

My Pilates exercises this morning were not as serene as usual.  With my back hurting and the machine hesitating on the joint where the machine folds in half and jolting me, it was hardly a good experience.  I had wanted to add a few things but instead jogged on the rebounder for a longer time.  I love jogging on the rebounder.  Then I had to hurry and walk the dog.  I had a haircut appointment at 1.30.  And would need a shower before.  It was all rush, rush, rush and I got in a turn lane with no turn indicator and had to sit thru two lights before I could turn left.  Then my haircut, the library to return books and the grocery.

All my errands for the week are done.  Let it snow.

Riley has decided to spend time on his walk digging deep holes in the snow banks.  I usually don't mind but the time he takes digging causes me to start getting cold.  It is January.  And it is damned cold.  No sun today as the stormy weather is upon us.  This morning there was a young red fox in the backyard and Riley was beyond excited.  Wanted to go out.  I took time to watch the fox to see if it was behaving oddly (rabid) but it seemed to be playing.  So I let Riley out.  The fox was long gone by the time Riley bounced through the snow to the "spot".  Riley is watching the yard from his position by the window--just in case the fox comes back.

I'm tired.  The only bright spot in my day was the news that my next haircut, in 5 weeks, will be on March 3rd.  March is five weeks away!!  I was open mouthed with wonder at that news.  Oh, and my first  2011 unemployment check was deposited in my bank automatically.  I am officially unemployed.

2 comments:

Jan said...

March, only 5 weeks away? *sigh* Not a fan of the cold weather, but time seems to be practically evaporating lately!

dee said...

Who cares what the dream means. You were in the car with the cute guy....nice.

Yay on the March news!