Sunday, January 23, 2011

Rubber Band Jar

It's fun to look around and see the ordinary stuff in a new way.  Cropped and color enhanced.  But still just the rubber bands that I get when I buy bunches of beets, escarole or asparagus.  I had more purple ones but used them to fasten the Christmas lights into untangled bundles.  Yes, I save rubber bands.  But not nearly enough to make a rubber band ball.  Those are awesome.

I could take a picture of my two Gloxinia leaves but it would just be two leaves in a pot.  I cut and bedded them down in soil less mix way before Christmas and have been waiting for them to "do something".  This is the way to propagate a Gloxinia.  So, far, nothing G or I can see but the thing is, the leaves are still green and healthy looking.  Not dead.  So "something" is happening.  This morning we discussed the only two paths:  wait or dig the leaves up and see.  The digging part would certainly end the experiment.  So we are left with "wait".  And I have still not planted my artichoke seeds.  Getting dangerously close to the "no longer enough time" to produce edible food -240 days.  And my pea seeds are sitting on the desktop- they get planted around St Patrick's Day snow or no snow.

G and Riley have gone out to walk in the woods.  I have eaten a big breakfast (I slept late) and will now postpone my exercise until it is digested. A mistake I won't make next time.  "I wasn't thinking".  That's my usual excuse and it's rather an all purpose one.

G and I went out to eat last night.  We called and got a reservation and then had to wait when we arrived.  A very busy place to eat.  The food is quite ordinary.  I found one dish I enjoy and order it at lunch or dinner when I find myself eating there. I am ALWAYS disappointed if I order something else. G and I are going to try and eat out at a "fine dining" restaurant more often.  The hard part is finding one that serves good food.  I resent paying $50 to $100 for a so so meal.

I have the washer washing the dark load of laundry, filed for this week's unemployment, filled in my work search log for the week, will set the whites to washing, iron the shirts and change the sheets on the bed.  I have my bills ready to pay.  By then it will be time to do Pilates.  That's my day.  I have books to read and even a few ideas for an art sketch or two (blog reading).  Tonight Downton Abbey on PBS.

2 comments:

Annie said...

I'm loving Downton Abby, but last night I was exhausted and fell asleep before it was over.

I'm sitting here with very cold hands and feet this morning waiting for the house to warm up. 18 below at my house this morning, never seen that in the 24 years we have lived here.It was quite common many years ago when growing up in mid Maine.

Hope all are staying warm!

dee said...

It was 8 this morning here-now it's shot up to 12..woohoo!

I have missed some of Downton Abbey but it's on my netflix line up so I can re-visit it from the start next month. It puts me in mind of Upstairs/Downstairs which was a favorite of mine so many years ago. Same sort of vibe but updated. Love those period pieces.
I must venture out to go to the bank and pick up groceries as they are predicting more of the white mess tomorrow.
Stay warm and well.