Tuesday, January 04, 2011

One Day, One Step, One Project (or more)

I was very busy yesterday. Busy and productive.  The floors in the major living spaces were vacuumed and mopped.  The lamp shades were dusted (and the light bulbs) as were all the baseboards and framed art. I bundled up and walked the Dog.  There was no book reading or art making.

This morning I began the day by working on the geraniums.  Cleaning them up and repotting where needed. I also gave the pots a nice big handful of earthworm casings to fertilize them.  I had to pull down the window blinds on the bay because too much sun right now would do more harm than good.  I also added water to the paperwhites I never added water to and brought the hyacinths inside to start growing. Spring is only three months away. By the way, my little orange tree, (remember I adopted it when it had only three leaves last February?) well, it is getting ready to bloom.  Lots of orange blossoms.  I will add watering the plants upstairs to my list of projects for today.

Today's jobs include vacuuming the bedroom wing of the house which includes two full baths. So I will be pretty busy with all that bathroom cleaning.  I do want to pull out the rug shampooer and do a bit of heavy cleaning of the carpets.  These are all jobs I have neglected while working  "outside the home". I usually shampooed the carpets on a regular schedule.

And Riley will get his 3 mile walk.

Not everything will get done, but I like having a full menu of possibilities to choose from.  That way I can stop one thing when it starts to frustrate me and move onto something else, easier.  And then come back, to tackle the harder job once again.  And vacuuming hurts my back.  And the central vac hose reminds me too much of the greenhouse hoses, always getting caught on stuff and kinking, etc.  But, my feet stay dry here at home with the vacuum.

I still haven't come up with "something" for the "make your dreams come true" e-class I am getting everyday.  Could it be possible that I have no dreams?  On the Joy Behar show Joy said that your true "dream" is whatever you wanted when you were 10 years old.  I wanted dolls, a doll crib and new "real" china dishes.  It would seem that my "dream" was to be a mother and housewife.  I wanted a "home". Later, in my 40's I had my natal horoscope done and asked what I was supposed to have "done" in my life.  The horoscope person looked at the chart and thought and finally said, "be a mother and not much else."  She went further and said "you have a free pass in this life so just enjoy yourself, and oh, if you ever do something, like quilting, you won't follow any of the rules and never use a pattern". Isn't that something?  A Palm Reader said I "would always have enough, but not more".   Whenever I am reminded of the palm reader, I think I should read Oliver Twist.

No comments: