Thursday, January 06, 2011

Baby, It's Cold Outside (and Inside)

Last night, around 11 pm the oil boiler started cycling on and off in a very rapid and not very healthy way. So, being a security minded person, I switched the power off to the boiler and went to bed.  Now, in the cold morning light, with the house temperature at around 50 degrees, I am sitting here in many layers waiting for the repair people to show up.  It could be anytime TODAY.  I do not want to flip the switch back on "to see what happens" and possibly get some heat.

G is home from work today.  He and Riley are snuggled next to the cold radiator under a down blanket. I worry more about the dog.  He was cold all night and now will be cold all day.  G and I can layer up but the dog can't.

G has already called  and ordered coffee beans from Wicked Joe and I have suggested G take Riley for a ride in the warmer car to get fresh bagels from Mr Bagel.  I wouldn't mind a nice raisin bagel.  And we don't seem to have any bagels in the freezer.

At this moment in time, I am warm.  If I keep moving, I will be fine.  But, honestly, it's just going to keep getting colder in here as the day goes along, unless the sun starts shining and then the southern rooms will warm up.  Good day to take the Christmas Tree down.

3 comments:

Paula, the quilter said...

Wow. Good luck with getting it fixed. Our forced air furnace started 'booming' when it first started up in the wee hours. The poor tech couldn't replicate the problem since it was only at start up (we have a programmable thermostat set to 'wake' up at 5:00am). Ended up having to switch out the mother board! I didn't even know there was a mother board in my furnace. Live and learn.
O, word verification right now: yardese. How perfect for a green thumb like you.

dee said...

Hope it's fixed soon. Poor freezing you!

Terry Grant said...

Boy, there sure seem to be a lot of broken/malfunctioning furnaces being talked about right now. (knocking on wood) I hope yours is OK or easily fixed and SOON!