Friday, August 21, 2026

Daily Notes for August 21st--we skipped a Day. Get used to that..with me. Zero sense of Time.

I love this kind of quilt.

But I am way way too Virgo to be able to make one.  Rules....Straight Lines.....colors that play well together.   Those are the rules.

So I missed a day here...get used to it....getting OLD is a Fascinating Experience.  Today is NOT Library Day....I was so sure it was...but I did have two bills to write checks for, add stamps etc to envelopes. I had to check and recheck the date....when you are retired and have no plans...difficult to recall what day it is.

But EVERYDAY is DAY to REGRET TRUMP'S ELECTION.  FORTY TRILLION in DEBT.......how many zeros?   That Air Craft Carrier is finally on its way home to Los Angeles.  It will take weeks (a month) to get there. I never heard or read anything about them being supplied with fresh water and food. Or having the bilge pumped out.

I watched the very end of an FX movie and the very beginning of the second movie following.  And recall watching that same ending and that very same beginning twice now....over a span of YEARS. FX is not a station I land on regularly....what are the ODDS of only two visits and exactly the same two movies??????

Yesterday's book was (still is) Susan Wiggs Map of the Heart.  I've read it before.  I occasionally enjoy her books.  Not often.  Why I checked it out at the library is beyond me. Has lovely cover art. I must have judged the book by it's cover...twice now.

I was hoping today was Library Day as I have asked for several good books and was hoping to collect them today...Instead I will read one of the newly purchase books my daughter has brought me....I already know I MIGHT not like most of them.   Her buy list is out of date.  I've outgrown long time favorite authors.  But that Viking book sounds promising.  I'll let you know if there are rats. In the place where they live.

I'm running low on Lunch Food.  The cheese was sliced too thick and the ham just right.  So I have ham and no cheese to roll up in my flour wrap.  I have one tiny yogurt... one lonely slice of Sunday pizza.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ham is very bad for you ms Suley
Perhaps try taking a cab to your store and library …yourself
Life is passing you by
You could meet some nice fellow or gal to simply speak with
Kind words are like music
Melodies are food for the soul
Please try something new to add roots to that full crown

Joanne S said...

Thank you for the advice. If there were places I wanted to go- alone--I WOULD take a cab....my best adventures are those in my imagination. No transportation needed.....Edith Piaf is my very very favorite to listen to. Second are The Rolling Stones.