Saturday, July 20, 2024

Summer Notes- Saturday, July 20th... 79 degrees 60% humidity. Slept with window open last night.

 

 

Neighbor who is moving has asked me to use parts of two very old quilts (in poor condition- not the ones in the image) into something she could have framed to remember her grandmother.  Who made the two quilts.  (excuse the indent...I can't fix it)

I said YES.  Of course, I said yes.  I had sort of asked (the universe) for something to do- something I could get invested in. And...here it is.  Fate always provides if the request is heartfelt.

Book Reading...twenty pages in on two of yesterday's "New Book" choices and in the return bag.... Awful...just awful. I can't imagine the people responsible for getting those two books into print....allowing them to get into print.  The characters were worthless (my opinion) gas bags earning 3 or 4 million dollars to do what??? take more drugs??? (the writer never actually says what they do- just the titles they hold) I am sure this sort of book is enjoyed by people....just not by me.  The Nine Dresses was nicely done.

I started a Nancy Thayer and that one is being returned also.  The VERY bad one On the NEW SHELF was Very Bad Company- Rosenblum.  She also wrote Bad Summer People.

Now I don't have a book....

Well, my containers have been uncovered and watered- with my new hose set up...just need a new washer as it leaks back at the faucet.  More Peaches on the ground...well, the pits...at least whatever animal is taking them off the tree- is actually eating them.

My Keurig Coffee this morning was very bitter- my son was in the hallway and suggested a pinch of salt and I did that, stirred and- amazingly----not as bitter.  Chemistry.

So....that's it for today...


No comments: