Thursday, July 18, 2024

Summer Notes- 76 degrees and sunshine. 89% humidity. And we still have August to get thru.


Not  a clue what is going on with the computer today...old age.  We will just 'roll with it" as the In House Technical Guy is not available right now.  And would just be....I can't even describe him when he sits here in my chair looking at what he sees as a smoking dumpster fire of a computer.

Life goes on and the damn thing just fixed itself... 89% humidity.  OMG.  I went out to uncover the ornamentals.  There is some small evidence that it might have rained..... but I will be filling the watering bottles and the two French Watering Cans- kitchen sink....as we still have not found the hoses.

Squirrels are climbing the Peach Trees and actually eating Peaches- I find the clean peach stones on the grass.  Today is Lawn Mowing Day and perhaps they have already come????

I have a feeling husband could have put the hoses out with the trash one day....and I didn't notice and rescue them.  I went back to the 2006 posts- Halloween ......and the small mentions of husband- well, things weren't right with him way back then.....he was already confused.  It was there between the lines.  And things were getting tense with the Library Job.   I hadn't gone to Ohio to take care of my father yet.... 2007  and 2008.  I hadn't started working at the greenhouse.  I hadn't stopped quilting.

It's hard to look back at all that I lost.  But there was new stuff...the 10 by10 group that allowed me to play along.... the blogging that keeps me sane...the years and years at the greenhouse (best job ever) and now the quiet of an empty-ish house and never ending Bones episodes... at some point I will return to Law and Order.  I always do.

I sat in the "crowded with tubs" sewing room and dug strips of cloth out of a huge cloth bag and pushed the button to start the sewing machine.....and made a rectangle.  A few days ago.  I am wanting to go back and do it again.  I sprayed the rectangle with starch and pressed it with the iron...it all came back to me...all that I have been missing....cloth.  thread...   

I may return to the sidebar and read another year.....thank you to whomever it was that went there and reminded me of who I used to be and what I used to love doing....... it was good to know I hadn't been completely erased by events not under my control.

I am reading  Gena Showalter's  Catch a Mate.  Been quite awhile since I read it...I tried to find other books by her but... no luck....she has written more than 10.  I should go looking again.
 

No comments: