Monday, July 15, 2024

Summer Notes- Monday, July 15th. 77 degrees 82% humidity. Cloudy. Might Rain.


 


Well, a busy time already...the computer and I both forgot how images get to the desktop. But in the end...we remembered or just got lucky.  I'm on the side of just randomly got lucky. It amazes me that I actually set up the parameters of this blog years ago all by myself.  A real "do to yourself" project. and still no idea of what to do when it goes AWOL.

It's not very sunny this morning- Son and Honda have set off early for the drive shaft installation.  My neighbor across the street (house is sold and she moves soon) but she has a guy over there and he needs a ladder.  I have lots of them so he came to borrow one.  "Wow, you have a lot of ladders" he said. Yes.

I was going to ask if he needed any nails, screws or washers...I have an entire wall of jam jars full of all sizes and kinds....  really.  Husband used glass jars and my father used rusty cans. I might not have had the key to the workshop though. Son and I can't find it and then find it and then can't find it again...Fun.

I uncovered my container plants. Squirrels are climbing the peach trees.  Taking one bite out of anything they think might be ripe enough to eat.  Nothing is ripe.  Grass under the trees littered with one bite green peaches. I never learned how to load or fire the pellet gun...now, I can see that being an fun thing to know. Shoot squirrels.  I know I would never actually hit anything unless it was accidental. But the squirrels don't know that.

I'm hoping the clouds stay all day...we could use a respite from the heat. I KNOW..it's Maine, how hot could it get.???????   It can get hot.....but we actually do not like humidity.

Finally used up the cheap paper towels and have one of the jumbo rolls of "the good stuff" by the sink. Son said that..... "the good stuff"..... I am having the Paul Newman decaf in the Keurig...bitter.  Next Friday I will try another brand.

I was having trouble with the picture on the tv last night so I reset the TiVo.  Every so often the TiVo likes to be shut down and then restarted....this might be something humans would like also????  The picture was excellent after the restart.  I was trying to watch Professor T on PBS.  I set the TiVo to record a later viewing of that episode which I will watch now.  See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I haven't tried it yet, but I understand that squirrels have taste buds and hate cayenne pepper. I just got a 5-pound container from amazon. I plan to place it in the areas that they keep attacking. These critters are ground squirrels and are very destructive. My tree squirrels only seem to eat the pinecones and the acorns. I don't have food growing and I keep planting things that the deer hate. Take care, Joan

LindaSonia said...

Yes, Professor T on PBS - enjoyable!