Friday, July 05, 2024

Summer Notes- Friday, July 5th. Moist, 69 degrees with 88% humidity.


 Peach Cobbler....Haven't made one yet but...getting to the point where I think I will...... and my recipe turns out looking just like this picture......might get some frozen raspberries....add them in.

This Fourth of July was very quiet.   I recall lots of noise and fireworks in past years. I don't think people feel like celebrating anything right now.

I parted my hair in the center yesterday and it's much better behaved.  As to yesterday's comment....I had short hair and an every 4 week appointment to keep it that way (and also for 10 years- color the new growth which was white)... I don't do much with my hair.  I was never that kind of girl or woman.  It was dangerous to call attention to myself.

I am waiting patiently for my hair to reach the length where I can gather all of it into a topknot (while wearing men's XL work shirts). And never pay attention to it again.  That is my Goal in Life.  The fullness and curls are...well, some of you would love that sort of thing-- (I get many compliments from other women my age) and I guess I appreciate it...since it is very low maintenance. Wash and comb.

Daughter stopped by with a Trade Paper copy of Jane Eyre.  Readable Print.  Not 1000 pages. I was in the midst of reading The Hating Game....I love that book....and she dished up a bowl of the Tucci Family Pasta I had in the fridge..  Requested Tuna Casserole like I made back when she was a kid. Son and I will buy the ingredients today on our shopping trip..potato chip topping.  

Her street is being torn up to put in sewers... they don't have any. They also don't have...gosh...there it is-- hydrants.... so when one house across the street from her was on fire- the Fire Department had to get water from the Maine Street and run hose....Not the quickest way to put out a house fire with older handicapped people inside.

Grocery Store and Library- Son is ready to go....

No comments: