Thursday, April 18, 2024

Spring Notes- Thursday, April 18th. sunshine and a bit colder than yesterday. 53 degrees.


 This is titled "All Purpose Biscuit."

I would just name it YUMMY.

Well, lunch was terrific- I had the Eggplant Parm (again) and a Gin and Tonic (for the first time).

It's almost 11am and the tree guys aren't here.  Son said they told him that they had to be somewhere else in the morning yesterday...possibly doing that again.  

I was cold yesterday and could not figure out why......I had on a short sleeved tee shirt under my work shirt... so I quickly went and changed into a thermal undershirt...even at 53 degrees.....it's cold here. I might actually break down and put my sweater back on.  I do have wool socks on. But I wear socks all summer here in Maine.

I finished reading Legend.  Not one of my favorites but it was quite enjoyable.  At the end.

I have a book waiting for me at the Library....tomorrow we go grocery shopping.  And to the Library. It seems like years since we have done that....the fridge is quite empty but we both still find things to eat. I am looking forward to a pan fried "Grilled Cheese" sandwich today.... with lots of cheese slices tucked into it.  All the pizza has been eaten.  I checked the fridge- I have rice I need to eat with some of my frozen vegetables.....I'll skip the cheese sandwich.... it will "keep" another day.

Paid the oil delivery bill. $995.   We were close to bottoming out.  That's with the discount.

I have continued to do a drawing in the art notebook each day...they are all quite different. Then I color them with husband's left over colored pencils...sharpening them until they get quite short. Eventually I will use my own pencils....I did some newspaper collage on one...that was something I used to do .....but then I stopped...I am thinking the notebook drawings are sort of like priming the pump......we'll see how it goes.


No comments: