Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Spring Notes- 33 degrees this morning...sigh. will Winter ever give up here in Maine????


 We might have had this image before but it's early and I gave up looking at the tiny pics on the right side of the screen.  And...for the first time...not really interested in pancakes......... who am I????

Yes, 33 degrees at the end of April here in Maine.  So very close to freezing.  The furnace is rumbling. Warming up after I moved the numbers from 60 to 64.  Grass looks frosty.

Slow start to the morning.  And I am usually NEVER awake and dressed at 7:30am. I went to bed at 9pm.

I watched an interesting program on PBS. Tell Me More..On Life. You can get the written info  PBS@KellyCorrigan.com.   Four professionals discussing Life and how we changed over the past century. And what we all actually need more of...sleep.  That came at the very end.  The next episode is about Parenting.  Check your local tv listing.

At 77.7, I can say for sure......sleep is what I am needing.  Sleep is possibly what I have needed for most of my Life.  Because...truth here....I am feeling so much better because I am going to bed early and sleeping. Really sleeping.  Just (my least favorite word) sleeping.  And each day, I feel more creative, happier, more relaxed.  It's a good feeling.

The Tree Guys chipped everything that was chip worthy.  The larger  pieces will be "firewood" and will also be taken away.  I am considering having them grind the stumps.  Make the yard look more like a golf course.  The gigantic monster pine next to the neighbor's propane tanks....hasn't been touched as yet.  Saving the best for last.  Two other trees have rope tied to the top....the tree climber will go back up and cut the tree from the top down.   When he comes back.

Two MORE houses on the street are now listed for sale.  A third sold last Spring and a fourth 6 months before that...the one next door with all the noise.  Three of them are the same style house.  Another belongs to my Lunch Buddy and will be listed as soon as she finds a nice place in one of the retirement communities.  No luck so far.  The remainder of homes on the street are one of a kind custom builds.  So sales comps won't applied to the rest of us.  But we'll get a general idea.

And that's how it's rolling here in Maine on a very cold morning.  I went thru husband's coloring stuff. The books will go to the library-- in the magazine recycling rack......where I took his word search books. I found a few mandala drawings I had made for him...pasted one into the art notebook where I do my daily drawing.....I colored one of them... it looks pretty nice. Well, actually, better than nice.  Surprised myself.


No comments: