Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Spring in Maine Notes- Sunshine, 49 degrees and no sign of the Tree Guys.


 I don't have any tulips as yet but plenty of the second generation of daffodils.  The first, the ones I took a picture of for the blog- got covered in that last Surprise snowfall and died.   Tulips are iffy in Maine.  Only the first season is for sure.  Like new arrivals to Maine....iffy.

But I like them.  Very much.  (the tulips and the new arrivals)

It's cold in the house this morning ( I just noticed I had forgotten to turn up the thermostat for HEAT).  The Tree Guys haven't shown up.  A very Maine work style.  

I have a lunch date with my neighbor at number one in 30 minutes.  We've both been cooped up for too long without "women chat" so looking forward to it.......and the wine.  I might have a Gin and Tonic. Extra Limes.

I am reading a Devereaux that I sort of remember reading.  Legend.  Cowboy stuff.  Horses. Guns. etc. Cooking rabbits over an open fire...cooking fish over an open fire....bathing in pond water. Stinky.

Tru-Green showed up.  I had to send him away.  With all the branches piles on the grass- he would have gotten himself all tangled up...He said he'd be back in two weeks.  I never actually expect Tru Green to show up or to come back in two weeks...this was a much older man...perhaps he will come back?? Or forget.

I have on a pair of green pants from one of the storage tubs...I've decided the  reason Bean sold employees the pants for 25 cents- is that the tag inside with the size- is NOT the size.........at all. So this is the second pair I tried on.....I will have a Sharpie with me next time and write on the tag what I think the size actually is...for any pants I try on.... at least both legs on the pants I have on- are the same length.  That's a bonus.

No comments: