Thursday, April 25, 2024

Spring Notes- Cold over night and Sunshine today-43 degrees.


 The Tree.  That my neighbors suggested (strongly) I have removed. At my expense.

 Lower left you can see the two white propane tanks.  And my neighbor's garage.  The tanks are "right on" the property line.

Son was watching the progress of the guy who climbs the tree and cuts off branches with a chair saw. but lost sight of him as he got ABOVE the roof of our two story house.  I was standing outside with my coffee...watching.  Terrifying and also quite interesting........

Dentist today at 1:10.  Just the Annual Visit......next week the long awaited Eye Exam and New Glasses. And the day after- the "assessment of the space" for the New Stove and Microwave.

In the newspaper, a long missing painting by Gustav Klimt sold in Vienna for 32 Million.  It had "gone missing" during World War Two.  It's Jewish owners leaving Austria and their belongings behind.  No one knows where the painting was from 1925 to 1960's. It's a very beautiful painting of a woman.

"gone missing"--I actually take issue with that wording. It's offensive.

My neighbor has generously allowed the tree workers to park the wood chipper in his driveway.  Otherwise they would have had to drive on my lawn and make serious dents in the grass.  I estimate five truckloads of wood chips- counting the one they are working on now.   Possibly more..so far.  I did not want them. The chips.

Well, the "Fargo" wood chipper is going full speed now.  And I have taken my vitamins. Eaten my oatmeal.  Read the newspaper.  Made my bed. Made an effort- (futile) with my hair.  I still look like a Mad Woman.  I am now going down to the work room and plugging in the iron and ironing the shirt I may or may not wear to the dentist visit....I have 6 shirts I want to spray starch and iron.  Like I used to do all the time....and then I stopped......but want to start again.  Do things, like ironing, that I enjoyed doing. Again.



1 comment:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

My neighbor did the same when the tree guys were working in the back yard. It's so nice to have good neighbors.