Thursday, September 30, 2021

Daily Notes- September 30th. Rain in the forecast.


 Yesterday I added the last border strips to this little square and made it POP!!!!  I have some corners to square up (noticing)- but this is now something that works--for me.  I have more of all the fabric seen here so I can go bigger if I want. This is about nine inches square. Way too fancy to just be a potholder.

While sewing this I watched a video on the news of a man who finds a good sized and very spirited alligator in his front yard.  He scoots his lidded garbage can (with wheels) until he gets the gator inside than gets the can upright and snaps the lid.- the gator is plenty mad by now- and then pushes the can down the hill in his backyard to the wet area and dumps it.  Gator slithers into the weeds.  I don't think this is the first or last time this homeowner will be collecting a gator in the garbage can. Reminds me of Florida.

Here in Maine I have squirrels, deer and wild turkey.  Used to have raccoons. And Fishers.  Not now.

I picked up the mending kit the library offers on loan.  It has one of those egg shaped wood things for sock mending.  I was going to try with a light bulb but knowing myself...I was reluctant.  LizA has one of the flat topped mushroom shaped wooden things for sock mending.  Wider.  Covers more sock territory.  But that wasn't part of the kit. October tomorrow and socks will be needed sooner than later.

I have a large selection of hoops for hand work ALSO given to me by people cleaning out their parents houses.. From very small to medium/large sized.  I got them in a box my friend brought me from her mom's house.  Plus a large collection of old 1950's aprons.  People bring me this sort of stuff.  Thinking quilt makers enjoy all manner of sewing and cloth interests.  I was also given an "electric" pair of scissors. I'm sort of afraid of that particular item. I also got a large plastic bag of embroidery floss.  Strange colors.  I am using the brown and dark green to hand sew seams- like the borders on the square picture up top.  Hand sew.  The machine would be quicker but not ...as much enjoyment????  There was no red or black floss in the bag.

I got my haircut. today.  I drove the car.  There was weird traffic. And the woman cutting my hair asked if my husband was parked out in the lot waiting for me.  I said no- I drove myself.  Eyebrows raised. I wondered about that..........

No comments: