Saturday, September 11, 2021

Daily Notes- September 11th. Sigh.


 Kathleen Waterloo I believe but could be wrong.   Seems appropriate for today.

Sunshine here in Maine.  Just like 20 years ago.

Today's book is Clayborn's Love at First.  For the third or fourth time.  It's soothing.  Her other book that I read over and over again is Love Lettering.   If I owned Fresh Water for Flowers- I would be reading that.

I am waiting for several books to arrive from distant libraries.  Pre- Birthday- I indulge in books I love reading. And Reading. And Reading.  The gift I give myself.  I can't believe I've

Husband is enjoying a small bowl- very small (his choice)- of Birthday Party ice cream each evening with his cake and cookie dessert platter which includes a fudge frosted chocolate doughnut.  He's "out" of carrot cake with cream cheese frosting which is making him grumpy and I forgot to buy frosted vanilla cookies. The ice cream is chocolate with all sort of sprinkles and crunchy things the mix. I'm still working on the Cherry Ice Cream.  I have everything to make his favorite cream cheese cookies rolled in an entire carton of sprinkles but haven't made them.

I am JUST NOT interested in baking.  Once I get into it- I'm okay but stepping over the line into actually baking- it's just getting more difficult as I get older- to step over the line.

I have a load of work clothes- his not mine (I don't work)- to do in the Washing Machine. And still haven't finely diced any vegetables for the pasta.  I sort of want a large baked potato with sour cream and lots of chives. And I wouldn't mind eating my way thru a pound of raw sweet carrots sticks.  All of this means a drive to the grocery store.  Which- with the way things are going right now with COVID and anti-mask people- isn't in my best interests. Angry People.  Are Dangerous people.

A momentary interruption as we looked for instant spot glue- husband dropped his shaver attachment and broke it.  I twisted a nice rubber band around it until we find the tube of glue.  

I am so much my Father's Daughter.  More so each year. "If we can't find the right thing (or person or job)- let's find something that will work until we do find the right thing (or person or job)."  It's been an interesting way to live.  Not always in a good way. You might be "making do" when the right thing walks past- and you don't even look up and notice it.  I feel like that might have happened more than a few times. Or that right thing comes along, you notice, and you've moved past it while waiting and don't need it..now

No comments: