Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Daily Notes November 25th


Cranberries are up first thing today.  I'll get them cooked and laced with sugar and booze and tucked into the fridge when they cool. Extra cranberries are excellent breakfast food with yogurt especially with booze. Then I'll decide what else to make.   Probably the Pumpkin Pie.  Do not like making it on The Day. 
I am reminded that the acorn squash does better in the microwave.  But the sweet potatoes like the oven. The (cooked already) Turkey breast is thawing in the fridge.  I can prep the Brussels sprouts but will wait to make the green bean casserole.  Mashed potatoes are last minute as is the gravy.

So, I can sit on the couch and read my book.  Thayer's Let It Snow.  Small book.  And it just happens to be snowing here in Maine and 29 degrees.  No sunshine.  House lights are on. 

Paula and I emailed back and forth regarding making felt tree ornaments.  She sent me patterns for Peppermint Candy and an Owl.  And we both went crazy for the Twelve Days of Christmas ornaments on Pinterest. Quite labor intensive and not much time right now but the French Hens looked amazing.  Maybe one.  Maybe. But I know I can crank out 8 Peppermint Candies.  

And I still have all the parts and pieces ready to make one of Dee's Rats.  Even wool for his overcoat.  I might even use some of the donor sweater to make my Rat a scarf. I had planned to make Rats after Christmas- but then we had the Carpenters and Painter here etc and then it was COVID. and.......well, you all know how that went.

And there might be Time for one or two of the potholders- then I can do the handsewing of the binding while watching movies.

Time for another cup of coffee (decaf) and then........cranberries and we'll see how it goes.  Friday we take my car to the Auto Body Shop.  So I won't have a car for awhile.  Some metal "heat shield" needs replacing.  Honda just ripped the thing off daughter's car (same year and model as mine) and called it good.....I may suggest it to the auto body shop guy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm doing the same precooked turkey breast that you are doing. I'll do my pumpkin pie in the morning. No guests here just dh and myself. Happy Thanksgiving to all! Annie

Joanne S said...

Well, I got a new mask pattern in the mail and went and made a mask and forgot the cranberries. Just finished up scooping cranberries out of the well under the electric element which is also covered in sugary cranberries. but all is well.
They are shiny, sticky and deeply cranberry in color. And the French Brandy is amazing. I have a second bottle in case.......

Deb Lacativa said...

We had the same heat shield issue forever on the 01 Civic and ignored it for 320K miles. Then sold it still running and legal! Not like it's a space capsule.