Thursday, November 19, 2020

Daily Notes- November 19


Men.  What a Treasure some of them are. huh?

I have flour salt water and yeast mixed together and set on one of the European radiators here in the living room- nice and warm.  And, for the first time in forever- I followed the directions to the letter.  It's the No Knead Bread that gets rolled into a very hot cast iron pot with a lid.  Comes out in 35 minutes all crusty and delicious.  But first 5 to 6 hours on the radiator.  

If my husband happens to remember where the dust pan and brush are-- I will continue to clean out the flour and sugar cabinet.  I really hate having to drag out the central vac hose.

I did a load of wash yesterday and then my husband filled the laundry basket.  So......another load of wash. I haven't committed to doing another one today.  

I cut two of the 5.75 squares into thirds.  Sewed them into two long strips with the sewing machine and then added strips to the four sides of the red pieced square. Now I am letting it get used to itself and decide what happens next.  Husband never understands the sitting and staring part of sewing.

Watching Law and Order Criminal Intent and noticing how many Hallmark Actors there are on this show and not on regular L&O.  Criminal Intent is it's own Universe in some ways.  An inside joke. The Boy with the Blue Knit Cap must have had 8 Hallmark leads in that one episode.Now I have a new game to entertain myself with.  

I also watched a Christmas Movie with a woman who "cannot tell a lie" and instead spouts off with exactly what is going thru her head and out her mouth. It was on Lifetime.  Not Hallmark Channels.  2015, I think. Alicia Witt. Her niece makes a wish with Santa.  I think they had three or four sets for the movie.  Very very low budget.  I  also watched another one with a tv show being filmed on Christmas Do It Yourself Outdoor Lawn Decorations.  The only interesting part was that really delicious tall actor- last name Russell.  He was especially delicious and realistically awkward in this movie.  He was a "carpenter"  I guess- but since I missed the first half, I don't know and I didn't have it on the record list.  Will have to find it in the Tivo Guide.

I keep thinking today is Saturday.  And I thought yesterday was Saturday, as well.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What's up with that? I've been a day ahead all week. I think I'm caught up now, Thursday, right?
I did no knead bread a few days ago, I think there may be one piece left, we love the stuff.

I've got an answer to your small clean up needs....Black and Decker DustBuster, love mine,use it all the time, I have three to be used for whatever room the clean up is needed. I like the battery powered ones that are kept on a charger. Downside... they don't last forever, but what does??

Annie

Liz A said...

the sitting and staring part ... I do a lot of that!